Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
irenas
Zealot
irenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ reader
Question e-learning

I am playing with my new toy now- 6' EZ Reader The question i am having now is the screen adjustment. It seems to me that my screen is a bit dark. Especially, when i compare to the pictures of other user's readers, Sony in particular. Should i adjust the darkness/contrast or it is the nature of the reader?

Thank you!
irenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Someone more knowledgeable will be along.

The 6" is only a 4 level Gray scale .
That is not much for pictures. white(ish), Lt. Grey, Dk. Grey, Black.
Any other levels encoded in the image must be interpolated and rendered as one of the above. 4 levels should provide clear text, but limited images.

the 5" has 8 levels and does just OK on images. Letters (Text) are Crisp.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
irenas
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The 6" is only a 4 level Gray scale .
Thanks for your reply!
Is there any way to adjust the setting?
Old 02-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
No way to adjust the contrast on any of the eInk devices that I'm aware or. The basic contrast is set individually when the reader is manufactured.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
irenas
Zealot

Thanks kennyc for your answer!
My question #2:
system clock. I am adjusting the internal clock in the settings folder, but it does not stay- every time i turn my device on- it shows wrong time...
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #6
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by irenas View Post
Thanks kennyc for your answer!
My question #2:
system clock. I am adjusting the internal clock in the settings folder, but it does not stay- every time i turn my device on- it shows wrong time...
The clock will reset EVERY time you turn OFF your device, thats why most of us only put it in SLEEP mode.
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
The clock will reset EVERY time you turn OFF your device, thats why most of us only put it in SLEEP mode.

That doesn't make sense, and certainly was not true of my Astak 5" Pocket Pro.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #8
irenas
Zealot

What is "SLEEP " mode?
Old 02-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #9
irenas
Zealot

When i connect the reader to the computer i can not read anything . It displays that image of the device connected to PC. Is it right? Or there is a work around?
Old 02-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #10
irenas
Zealot

Thank you, guys, for answering my questions!
Old 02-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
That doesn't make sense, and certainly was not true of my Astak 5" Pocket Pro.
Yours must work different than mine.

Works the same with Astak or Lbook FW
We are talking OFF (long press), not Lock keyboard (short press).
Old 02-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #12
kennyc

Quote:
What is "SLEEP " mode?
If you just press the power button once quickly it will go to "sleep"
If you hold the power button down it will shut down.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:10 PM   #13
kennyc

Quote:
Yours must work different than mine.

Works the same with Astak or Lbook FW
We are talking OFF (long press), not Lock keyboard (short press).
Right. But mine was the 5" Pocket Pro (sold it). But it never lost the time because I shut it down and that's what I always did.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
When i connect the reader to the computer i can not read anything . It displays that image of the device connected to PC. Is it right? Or there is a work around?
If you are just charging, do not presss OK (menu), Press the "Back" key
to abort the connect.
It will charge and you can read (tethered). You will have to disconnect the cable, pause, re-insert the cable to "Connect" when you want to transfer files (books).

If you "Eject" (Safe to remove) on your computer, the Connected does not automatically clear. Again, detach the cable is needed to get control of your PEz
Old 02-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #15
irenas
Zealot

Quote:
If you are just charging, do not presss OK (menu), Press the "Back" key
to abort the connect.
Again, detach the cable is needed to get control of your PEz
So, when i want to transfer files , it is just one way. I can not connect to PC for transfers and see my catalog on my reader.

Tags
astak ez reader