Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-10-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
zatrigkiwtes
zatrigkiwtes began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
GNUShogi ported to iLiad?

I enjoy GNUChess on the iLiad. I wonder if GNUShogi has also been ported to it.

Is there a graphical interface with GNUGo?

Thanks.
zatrigkiwtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
pwarren
Connoisseur
pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Irex Iliad (Dead), EcoReader (Smashed screen), Kobo Touch
Well, I'm on the way to purchasing an iliad from ddavtian, and this looks like a good project to get me going with iliad development. So I'll take a look and see what I can manage for you.
pwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
zatrigkiwtes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwarren View Post
Well, I'm on the way to purchasing an iliad from ddavtian, and this looks like a good project to get me going with iliad development. So I'll take a look and see what I can manage for you.
Thank you very much! I look forward with much anticipation to seeing either of these.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
pwarren
Connoisseur
pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Hrm, this is turning out to be more tricky than it seemed.

GnuGo has been sort of ported: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=gnugo

And I was able to use his instructions to build the gnogo engine. The only problem is that the GUI part of it needs a bunch of libraries that haven't been ported to iliad.

A similar problem exists for the gnushogi program. it's based on Xaw, and not GTK+, so it will be very difficult to get it running.

I'll have a look at some other shogi and go engines and see what I can manage!

So, I'll have a look at other
Old 05-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
zatrigkiwtes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwarren View Post
Hrm, this is turning out to be more tricky than it seemed.

GnuGo has been sort of ported: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=gnugo

And I was able to use his instructions to build the gnogo engine. The only problem is that the GUI part of it needs a bunch of libraries that haven't been ported to iliad.

A similar problem exists for the gnushogi program. it's based on Xaw, and not GTK+, so it will be very difficult to get it running.

I'll have a look at some other shogi and go engines and see what I can manage!

So, I'll have a look at other
I am sorry that this has proved to be frustrating. I found a couple of other shogi packages for Linux described at http://www.shogi.net/variants/variants.html. I have played the Shocky engine, and while it is not the equal of the freeware shogi powerhouse, Bonanza (not for Linux, I fear), it played a respectable game.

Do any of the entries at the following URL look possible to you? http://shogi.typepad.jp/eweblog/comp...ogi/index.html

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:53 PM   #6
pwarren
Connoisseur

I've got gnushogi, along with Xshogi to compile. Not sure if it actually works, or how you'd go about running it, but it's compiled for the iliad.

see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...281#post470281 for more details, and a file to download!