Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 04:16 AM   #16
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur
Anders Eriksson doesn't litterAnders Eriksson doesn't litter

Device: a blue Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
This is beyond my meager scripting abilities.

I currently have them arranged on my reader by author/series/title or author/tag/title or author/title, depending on if the book is part of a series or has a tag. Tags are just to identify a particular universe for books of a series that doesn't have a particular order, i.e. Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe or Agatha Christie's Miss Marple. If the books are part of a series I save them with the filename number-title-author, other I save as title-author.

I would like to have a folder on my reader called Collections and within it sub-folders for each series/tag, so I could browse by series as well as by author. This would be especially helpful for things like the 1632 series which is written by multiple authors. I suppose I can just save everything twice, since I have ample room on my card, but that bothers my anal-retentive soul. Plus I won't have the proper "read" icons for all my books.

-Marcy
Note
You will have different "last page" stored for the same book depending on "from" where you opened it, which you wont with different categories to the same book!
Anders Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #17
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
pbcategories - a script to automate category creation

I have written a script that takes calibre's 'Save to Disk' output and creates one directory for each unique tag. Then it iterates through the files and creates links for duplicate files to save space on the device. The final output is placed into a second directory for syncing with the device. This allows users to setup multiple tags for a book, and the PocketBook will show the book in each category.

It only works one category deep: for example, if you want Cat1/Cat2, Cat1/Cat3 on the device this script cannot handle it.

This script should work for all versions of bash with installations that include gnutils and rsync. It was written and tested in bash v3.1.17. It is release under terms of the GPL.

See the section 'VARIABLES' to setup defaults for your installation.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: gz pbcategories.tar.gz (2.3 KB, 233 views)
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #18
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainycat View Post
I have written a script
Absolutely fantastic.
It looks I will have to start using Calibre now ;-)

I will test your script as soon as possible.

EDIT:
Now that I look at the listing: WOW! that is some serious script-fu you have done.

THANK YOU!

Last edited by kacir; 05-16-2010 at 03:22 PM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote