Notices

Old 04-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
kpfeifle
Enthusiast
kpfeifle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300- Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Weirdness in the Reader Store

Hi All:

Last night I finished a book and wanted to buy Stephen King's "Under the Dome". I saw it listed in a newsletter when it came out a month or two ago. To my great surprise, it is no longer listed in the book store, either by name or when searching all of King's books. What? Did he pull the book from electronic media? Nope, a quick jump to Amazon shows it still available for the Kindle. Next I looked for Hit Man by Lawrence Block, this was also available several months ago on the reader store (as well as several other books in the series), now there is just one book by this author.

What's going on here? Server problem and books in the library are unavailable? Problems converting to Epub? Or is it Sony reducing the size of their holdings based on sales?

I knew Sony had less books available the Amazon, but I liked their hardware better. If they are actively removing books, then it's time to strip the DRM from what I've already purchased and jump ship! Anybody else see this happening?

Kevin

Last edited by kpfeifle; 04-05-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Poor spelling
kpfeifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
kceb10
kceb10 doesn't litterkceb10 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-900
it has to do with the new publishing company rules, sony sent out an email and you can view it on the sony store home page. the books will hopefully be back for sale shortly
kceb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Under the Dome has even been removed from Overdrive.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote