Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
echoleaf
Connoisseur
echoleaf doesn't litterecholeaf doesn't litterecholeaf doesn't litter

Device: Bebook, Cybook or eSlick?
Pocket Pro - black much lighter

Our Pocket Pro was fine earlier today, but after I took out the card and added some new files to it, the text is not as dark as before (I would guess it's 50% as dark as before). I thought perhaps it needed a charge, so I charged it (plugging into a power strip using the adaptor) and it is still the same. I also see a little ghosting whereby the main EZ Reader logo is faintly visible on all pages.

How can I get the darkness of the 'ink' as dark as before? Should I try resetting it? Thanks!
echoleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Have you tried a reset (with no books open)?

BTW Which firmware are you using?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
echoleaf
Connoisseur
echoleaf doesn't litterecholeaf doesn't litterecholeaf doesn't litter

Device: Bebook, Cybook or eSlick?
It should be firmware from December as there's a clock at the bottom of the display.

The reset doesn't seem to do anything, except put the clock back to 12:00. I turn it off, press & hold in the reset button. There's no indication of anything and I hold the power button, which restarts it.

Now the Astak logo is pretty dark, but everything else is lighter and hard to read. On the settings page it's actually even lighter on the top third than the rest of the page.
echoleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoleaf View Post
It should be firmware from December as there's a clock at the bottom of the display.

The reset doesn't seem to do anything, except put the clock back to 12:00. I turn it off, press & hold in the reset button. There's no indication of anything and I hold the power button, which restarts it.

Now the Astak logo is pretty dark, but everything else is lighter and hard to read. On the settings page it's actually even lighter on the top third than the rest of the page.
A screen contrast gradient Not a normal display setting
(I did find an Lbook document on replacing the e-ink display in a V3. There IS a special file that gets loaded ONCE, after replacement of a display)

If you have an older firmware. Flash that firmware and see what happens.

Call Astak support if no Joy.

I am now on December FW which had previously did not work well for me, but started working after rolling back from March 2010.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote