Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 08-07-2008, 08:20 AM   #31
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Excellent! Especially appreciated right now while I'm travelling.

The >> thing doesn't seem to work on my Crackberry, though -- it tkes me to the top of the thread. Not a big deal.

Thanks for setting it up, Alex: you rock like Gibraltar
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #32
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
The >> thing doesn't seem to work on my Crackberry, though -- it tkes me to the top of the thread. Not a big deal.
Confirmed. It's a bug and am working on the fix.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2008, 04:28 AM   #33
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Alex, I note that it seems to be partially working now.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:37 AM   #34
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just partially? I thought I had this fixed today...
Old 08-08-2008, 06:52 AM   #35
NatCh
Gizmologist

Yeah, it's a bit hit or miss, but it does seem to be working more and more as I bounce around, so that makes me think it may be some sort of weird CrackBerry caching issue.

In any case, you still rock!
Advert
Old 08-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #36
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Yeah, it's a bit hit or miss, but it does seem to be working more and more as I bounce around, so that makes me think it may be some sort of weird CrackBerry caching issue.
Hmm I haven't tried on my BB yet, but I will when I am at home tonight. Do you use the built-in browser or Opera Mini? I recommend the second one...
Old 08-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #37
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
I just pulled the mobile version up on my Touch for the first time today. WOW! It is wpnderful. Great job!
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #38
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I once again tested on my BB8820 and all works, including the >> links which are REALLY handy, by the way. Thanks!
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #39
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Posting from my Kindle. Will post pics later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mr1.gif
Views:	376
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	15202   Click image for larger version

Name:	mr2.gif
Views:	375
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	15203   Click image for larger version

Name:	mr3.gif
Views:	388
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	15204   Click image for larger version

Name:	mr4.gif
Views:	357
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	15205  

Last edited by daffy4u; 08-14-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: deleted duplicate image
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #40
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Wow, those pics are *greatly* appreciated! As are any other pics of your mobile devices visiting MR you guys can post here.

Thanks again.

We are going to roll out the next beta this weekend; it will allow you to customize certain parts of the mobile editions for your device.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:59 PM   #41
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Wow, those pics are *greatly* appreciated! As are any other pics of your mobile devices visiting MR you guys can post here.
Haven't tried any new features yet, but here are some pics from an iPhone. You scroll a page by pushing(flicking) it upward, so there aren't any "next pages" on these pics (till you reach the bottom of whatever was deemed "one page").
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	15642   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	15643   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	15644  
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:26 PM   #42
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Haven't tried any new features yet, but here are some pics from an iPhone. You scroll a page by pushing(flicking) it upward, so there aren't any "next pages" on these pics (till you reach the bottom of whatever was deemed "one page").
Much appreciated, thank you!! Admittedly, it's not fully iPhone-friendly yet; but we'll work on that at a given time.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #43
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oh, I haven't found any complaints! I was just explaining the pictures I posted. It's GRRRREAT, to quote Tony the Tiger!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:07 PM   #44
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Well, I've been using the Mobile version pretty regularly on my Imate KJam & Nokia N800 over the last few of weeks and have to say that it looks a ton better then the old mobi skin ever did on my phone.

I've found that the one aspect of the Mobile version that really I miss on the normal site is that all the posts are rendered on one page.

This makes it really hand when its a topic with a lot of posts spread over a long period of time and you can quickly scroll back to see what someone replied too even if its a few posts back. Having to go back page by page can be a bit of a pain at times.

Edit - D'oh ! I just realised after I posted and went back and checked that the mobile version does split the posts over different pages but its so smooth that I'd not really noticed it.

Last edited by bbusybookworm; 09-30-2008 at 07:18 PM.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #45
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I've been using it on my Treo for the past four days and have no problems that I can find.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote