Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
chezypuffs
chezypuffs began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Unable to log into eLibrary.

Everytime I try, I get page cannot be displayed (error 514).
I'm assuming it's an issue with my anti-virus or firewall, however, when I disable both I still cannot log in. Anybody else have this issue?
chezypuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Just tried, working fine for me.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #3
chezypuffs

SOrry, forgot to mention, I have never been able to log in. I got a SOny Reader for X-mas and was never able to get it to work even after several e-mails back and forth with customer support. I returned it but decided to give it another shot and bought one the other day hoping that whatever issue I was having was fixed. Well, having the same issue unfortunately.
Please help, I would love to be able to buy some books and use my SOny Reader.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezypuffs View Post
SOrry, forgot to mention, I have never been able to log in. I got a SOny Reader for X-mas and was never able to get it to work even after several e-mails back and forth with customer support. I returned it but decided to give it another shot and bought one the other day hoping that whatever issue I was having was fixed. Well, having the same issue unfortunately.
Please help, I would love to be able to buy some books and use my SOny Reader.
Are you downloading the most recent version from online?

When you go to the book store section, what happens?

Can you go to http://ebookstore.sony.com/ with your browser?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #5
chezypuffs

Hi Bob. Yes, I downloaded the most recent version. I can open the eBook Library, and go to the store. When I click on 'Register' I always get the error. I can go to Login and put my user name and password, however when I hit submit I get the error screen again. It's so frustrating since it seem like the eBook Library is the only place I can buy books for my Sony Reader PRS-505. So now I own a $300 gadget that does nothing but let me look at the book excerpts it came with.
Advert
Old 06-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
It's so frustrating since it seem like the eBook Library is the only place I can buy books for my Sony Reader PRS-505.
Check this thread.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Chezpuffs, do you have another computer/laptop in house to try?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #8
chezypuffs

Hi Jon. I can actually use my laptop but just my luck while installing Microsoft Office and installing Symantec it crashed. It's currently at Geek Squad.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi Bob. Yes, I downloaded the most recent version. I can open the eBook Library, and go to the store. When I click on 'Register' I always get the error. I can go to Login and put my user name and password, however when I hit submit I get the error screen again. It's so frustrating since it seem like the eBook Library is the only place I can buy books for my Sony Reader PRS-505. So now I own a $300 gadget that does nothing but let me look at the book excerpts it came with.
OK, can you download Fiddler2 and install it... then run it while you try to register... then save the log and attach it here... I will look at it and see if I see anything funky.

http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/

BOb
Old 06-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #10
chezypuffs

Hi Bob. Do you want the text version?
Thanks for the help
Old 06-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Hi Bob. Do you want the text version?
Thanks for the help
Yep.

BOb
Old 12-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #12
clermontk
clermontk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Whats the solution?

I've been having the same problem. I can use the eLibrary to browse the eBook store, but can't sign in. As soon as I try, it tells me to check my network connections. How do I fix this? I have a PRS-700 and run Windows XP.
clermontk is offline   Reply With Quote