Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur
JeffGeorge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Maintaining Device Column Settings?

When using Calibre, I have to resize the columns on the Device tab every time I plug my Nook Simple Touch in. Is there a way to get Calibre to maintain these settings?
JeffGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur

I'm using calibre again. Is it possible to maintain your settings instead of having to fix them every time you use the software?
Advert
Old 08-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGeorge View Post
I'm using calibre again. Is it possible to maintain your settings instead of having to fix them every time you use the software?
I think the answer is No.
You can use Calibre with more than one device (not at the same moment).
Storing size may cause confusion with differing devices.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur

That makes sense, though it would be nice if there was a way it could store the various device settings.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGeorge View Post
That makes sense, though it would be nice if there was a way it could store the various device settings.
Calibre can have Metadata about the book (for viewing in the GUI).
You just can't update a DRM infested book with it.

Settings?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
column settings, nook, simple touch