Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast
aldomenguzzi began at the beginning.

Device: none
is there a calendar/task/event app for PB912?

I looked everywhere, but could not find one.
Cheers
aldomenguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldomenguzzi View Post
I looked everywhere, but could not find one.
Cheers
actually there is a port of qorganizer, which you can download here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=144

The original discussion is in the Ukranian/Russian forum here:
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=824182
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast

Thanks!!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast

Hi,

I tried installing qorganizer by putting its folder in the app folder, but after pressing on the icon I get a flash and then nothing.
If I go to the multitasking icon I get nothing.
Could it be because the most recent firmware is 2.1.3?
Cheers
Old 12-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast

I checked also after installing the 2.1.2 firmware, but again the same thing?
Does it have to do with the QT libraries? And if so, how do I change them on the PB912 PRO?
Cheers
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
You could try installing the poterm application on your reader, and starting qorganizer from poterm's command line so that you can see any error messages that are printed out. Or, if you have WiFi, you can install utelnetd and use the remote shell from another computer to do the same thing.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:22 AM   #7
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast

Unhappy

Hello,

I am not so familiar with linux on PB.
Anyhow I installed poterm (app and ini) and then ran it.
I get
Code:
/bin/ash: can't access TTY; job control turned off
Busy Box v1.16.1  (2010-10-11 etc) built -in shell (ash)
Just to try I put in the command line
Code:
qorganizer
and as expected I got
Code:
/bin/ash/: qorganizer: not found
I also tried to cd to applications, but nothing, I got:
Code:
/bin/ash: cd: can't cd to applications

Last edited by aldomenguzzi; 12-30-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try:

Code:
cd /mnt/ext1/applications
ls
./qorganizer
Or ./qorganizer.app if that's what it's called instead.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #9
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldomenguzzi View Post
I checked also after installing the 2.1.2 firmware, but again the same thing?
Does it have to do with the QT libraries? And if so, how do I change them on the PB912 PRO?
Cheers
I am on the latest firmware, and it works for me (just selecting qorganizer.app): however, the problem with it is that if you set a reminder, it will pop a message in qorganiser only - so if you are reading, you'll never know that you are missing an appointment. In short, it is cute, but not very useful at least for my purposes.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:18 AM   #10
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast

to rkomar:

I tried as you kindly showed, I can get to the directory, but when I try to run the app I get permission denied

to paola: did you have to "unlock" the device somehow, or just a plain copying of the app and its folder worked?
To me is not much the alert function that's necessary, but having appointments written down and tasklists. So qorganizer would be just perfect .
Plus I would use the student presence list as a "don't break the chain" tool, writing down what I am able to do day by day

Last edited by aldomenguzzi; 12-31-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #11
rkomar
Wizard

That is a strange error to get. On my system, everything always gets full permissions when copied over via USB, i.e. ls -l shows every file and directory has rwxrwxrwx permissions (Readable/Writable/eXecutable by owner/group/world). Perhaps whatever program you used to unpack/copy the files over changed the permissions, as well. Do the permissions look okay when you are looking at the files on the computer?
Old 12-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #12
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast

I actually used a Windows 7 machine, with 7z to unpack and TeraCopy to move the files.
I will try again to see what happens.

p.s. could it be that something went wrong with the updating of the firmware, I went from firmware IBS 2.0.5 to IBS 2.1.3 to PB 2.1.3 to PB2.1.2.
In case is there a way to completely reformat and install PB2.1.3?
In each passage it seems that many things remained.

EDIT. I tried checking the permissions under W7 and strangely the folder was read only. I deselected it and all of the subfolders, but still I get the same thing when I try to run the program

Last edited by aldomenguzzi; 12-31-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #13
rkomar
Wizard

I doubt that it is a firmware problem. Getting permission denied is a very basic OS response. If file permissions aren't working properly, then not much else on the system would work either. It's possible that the part of the system responsible for filesystem operations over USB is broken, but I expect many people would have noticed that, too.

The firmware updates actually do reformat the system directories. The directories you see via USB are non-system, and accessible by the normal reader/sreader account. Those get left alone when updating the firmware, except that some of the applications in that directory get new versions.

When in poterm, the df command will show you all the various filesystems mounted on the OS, and their space usage. The two filesystems seen over USB are mounted internally at /mnt/ext1 and /mnt/ext2; the rest are not accessible via USB.

Edit: Maybe the best way to install the programs is to copy the zip file over, and then use the unzip command within poterm to unpack the files. That should keep the permissions correct. You may have to delete all the qorganizer directories first via Win7 before doing that. Run the unzip from the /mnt/ext1 directory, so that the files get put in the right place.

Code:
cd /mnt/ext1
unzip <zip-filename>

Last edited by rkomar; 12-31-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Added instructions for unzipping on reader
Old 12-31-2012, 02:42 PM   #14
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast

Thanks.
I tried df to see what would happen and I got, among others
Code:
/dev/mmcblk0p3            moutend on /ebrmain
/dev/mmcblk0p2            moutend on /mnt/secure
/dev/mmcblk0p1            moutend on /mnt/ext1
/dev/mmcblk1p1            moutend on /mnt/ext2
Anyhow, what do you suggest me to do to solve the problem?
Old 12-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #15
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast

Sorry to be so annoying, but it didn't work
I have the applications.zip found on a 4share link on mobileread, that contains the applications/qorganizer/etc.... folders
I copied the zip file to the root directory, went to it through the cd you said, and tried unzipping.
I get
Code:
creating: applications/qorganizer/
unzip: can't set permissions of directory 'applications/qorganizer/': Operation not permitted
unzip: exiting
another thing, although probably not related.
I copied the pbanki/mindcraft0.2.8 app to the applications folder as well, since I would like to use flashcards, but this applications doesn't work as well.
Anyhow the russian tank war game, which I also installed, works.

Last edited by aldomenguzzi; 12-31-2012 at 03:29 PM.