Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #121
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I didn't test COOL-ER yet but I can say that jetBook looks very nice and solid(not only for me).
Only people who never touch jetBook can say that jetBook is ugly and cheap. It is very wrong statement.

The opinion about jetBook written by person who tested it:
the hardware is just solid. Even though the case is all plastic, it has a thick, industrial-like feel to it. Not any part of it feels cheap or flimsy. The casing has a pebbled finish, so it's not likely to easily slip out of the hand. All of the buttons feel solid and do not wobble.
Full review available here:
http://ebooktest.blogspot.com/2008/1...ook-ebook.html
Actually, one can say anything is ugly and cheap looking without having used it because you don't have to use something to look at it. I don't think the Jetbook is ugly or cheap looking. But that again is just my opinion.

And to get back on topic, does the Cool-er support ePub's DRM?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #122
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
does the Cool-er support ePub's DRM?
Yes. It has mobile Adobe Digital Editions for ADEPT PDF and ePub.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:00 PM   #123
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Their specs indicate it supports DRM epub using ADE.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #124
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know we don't like DRM. But having it means it's a viable product.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #125
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Actually, one can say anything is ugly and cheap looking without having used it because you don't have to use something to look at it. I don't think the Jetbook is ugly or cheap looking. But that again is just my opinion.

My point is if you touch jetBook you never say that jetBook is ugly and cheap
and now get back on topic:

Who touched Cool-er?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #126
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

Who touched Cool-er?
Even if I touch a device, I can still say it looks ugly and cheap looking. I'm not saying it is cheap. I would be commenting on the look.

The video posted on the Cool-er says it is made of plastic. I don't know if that's good or bad.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #127
mrborgs
mrborgs began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T5
Still too costly!

A much better price than other eReaders but still too costly. Under $100 and you will start getting critical mass of buyers to really make eReaders take off. (Think cellphones - the free, .01 or even under $20 deals - now everyone seems to have a cell phone)
mrborgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #128
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Even if I touch a device, I can still say it looks ugly and cheap looking. I'm not saying it is cheap. I would be commenting on the look.

The video posted on the Cool-er says it is made of plastic. I don't know if that's good or bad.
It will be interesting to compare jetBook plastic body with Cool-er. Let's wait when it will be available...
Old 05-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #129
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrborgs View Post
A much better price than other eReaders but still too costly. Under $100 and you will start getting critical mass of buyers to really make eReaders take off. (Think cellphones - the free, .01 or even under $20 deals - now everyone seems to have a cell phone)
Maybe it will be more popular when eReaders will be available for free with some ebook subscription like cell phones with 1 or 2 years plan
Old 05-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #130
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Quote:

Who touched Cool-er?
For what little it may be worth, I own a Jetbook and it seems to be nicely made.
So stop knocking it for its good points.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #131
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
shipping date?

Someone probably asked already, but do they have a definative shipping date for the product yet? On the website it looks like you can order it now, but is it in production? It says your credit card will be charged when it ships.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #132
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Yes. It has mobile Adobe Digital Editions for ADEPT PDF and ePub.
And if FBreader stays in firmware, as shown on pictures, this device will have a very nice set of supported (nonDRMed) formats. Very nice set.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:42 PM   #133
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Someone probably asked already, but do they have a definative shipping date for the product yet? On the website it looks like you can order it now, but is it in production? It says your credit card will be charged when it ships.

Amy
According to the techcrunch video, the hardware's ready now but they're holding off two weeks to revise the firmware.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #134
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Creative numbering

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Might want to wait for a real review, although it certainly looks nice (oooooh, pretty!)

The fact that they're flat out lying about the number of books available is not a good sign, IMHO. Deceitful and unnecessary. Not sure I would trust the company, is all I'm saying.

Maybe they are doing some creative numbering by calling every format of a book as 1 book, so if you had a book in 3 formats, it would be 3 books, instead of 1?

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #135
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
I believe I heard it plans to ship on May 29.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote