Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
T1 UK pre-orders now shipping

I've just got an email that the T1 (black) I pre-ordered from the Sony UK site has now shipped and I should receive it in 3-5 days.

Can't wait!
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #2
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
When did you order it? And why haven't I heard anything about mine yet ?
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I ordered it just over a week ago and choose the store to be the Cribbs Causeway store in Bristol.

As to why you haven't got yours... Be patient, I've sure your's going to be out for dispatch soon.

Maybe my store got their stock before yours?
Old 10-10-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

I ordered mine on 30th September, but just through the online store, not a local shop - I'm sure there's some mysterious algorithm governing the shipping order, but at least if they've started shipping some of them, it shouldn't be too long now.

We're going away this weekend, so it would be really nice to have it in time for that, though it might take me a while to be able to bring myself to go anywhere without a supply of paper books in my bag.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
Firedb
Enthusiast
Firedb began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note 8 rooted
I've got my email for the red one! can't wait, but my address on the confirmation appears to be missing vital data, (like I informed them previously). I hope it still arrives at my house.

EDIT:
Just got a text from City Link. My reader will be delivered on Tuesday 11th

Last edited by Firedb; 10-10-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Update
Firedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
ghostyjack
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insalata View Post
I ordered mine on 30th September, but just through the online store, not a local shop - I'm sure there's some mysterious algorithm governing the shipping order, but at least if they've started shipping some of them, it shouldn't be too long now.
Odd, I wasn't given an option on the website for ordering if I didn't select a store. Very strange.

I wouldn't worry about it (yet), the emails have only just started being sent out.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #7
Insalata
Zealot

I haven't had a email, but on their site the order now shows as dispatched - it was still listed as open first thing this morning.

I suppose I'd better go and see about getting the Calibre plug-in.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #8
ghostyjack
Guru

As long as the website has the right details, don't worry about the email advising you it's dispatched, we've just done it on this site for you.

Yep, better have a look at the T1 driver for Calibre, or I'm going to have to resort to the the Sony software.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #9
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Excellent, not had the email yet, but showing as despatched.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #10
ChefDude
PRS505 owner
ChefDude is a marvel to beholdChefDude is a marvel to beholdChefDude is a marvel to beholdChefDude is a marvel to beholdChefDude is a marvel to beholdChefDude is a marvel to beholdChefDude is a marvel to beholdChefDude is a marvel to beholdChefDude is a marvel to beholdChefDude is a marvel to beholdChefDude is a marvel to behold

Device: Sony PRS-350, 505
I just looked, mine is dispatched too - i didn't get an email though.

Ordered on 08.10.2011
ChefDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #11
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I've just got an email that the T1 (black) I pre-ordered from the Sony UK site has now shipped and I should receive it in 3-5 days.

Can't wait!
5 workdays would equal a week, that would be a bout the same time we get our t1's (Netherlands), makes sence.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #12
malifact
malifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheese

Device: None
I called Sony after reading this thread and they said my pre-order shipped today. They said it will be with me at the latest Wednesday. Very pleased as it means I'll have it in time for my short break.
malifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #13
Insalata
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
As long as the website has the right details, don't worry about the email advising you it's dispatched, we've just done it on this site for you.

Yep, better have a look at the T1 driver for Calibre, or I'm going to have to resort to the the Sony software.
The email arrived this evening.

This is my first e-reader (apart from my old Palm, and a couple of reader apps on my phone) so I'm not sure yet how I'll handle actually putting books on it. I have a couple of hundred sitting in Calibre ready to go - mostly free, but I've removed the DRM from the bought ones, so between sorting that out and the imminent arrival of iOS 5, I'll have plenty to play with this week .
Old 10-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #14
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Got my emails as well now, telling me it will be coming here tomorrow. Chances are it will come when there is no-one in though so I'll end up going to pick it up. Should have it by Wednesday then
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #15
ghostyjack
Guru

Great! I looks like we are all getting ours this week.

Glad the emails are turning up now.

Well if Calibre isn't ready by the time mine turns up, I'll have to put them on a micro SD card then, unless the Sony software is actually any good.