Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #61
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
If wlan and connecting to the PC do not work after a factory reset with a functioning internal sd, I cannot see why they should work after updating to a newer FW.
To the other point: If you cannot mount the 3rd partition with write access for some reason, you might consider mounting it from the image file as a virtual drive, copy the KoboRoot.tgz there to .kobo, and write the image than to the sd.
Edit: Is the write protector switch of the sd card adapter in the off position?

Last edited by tshering; 07-09-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #62
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'm with tshering, I can't think of what help putting the new firmware on the card would help. It has to boot to the point where this can be installed. Doing a factory reset does the same thing as the firmware upgrade but copies the firmware from the recoveryfs partition. If that doesn't work, then the upgrade probably won't. I also think it is important to get factory reset working as that is a quick recovery from a non-working device.

I also have to think about how to add the files. I suspect the simplest is to put the image on card, add the files and do another image. No matter what, I won't have a chance to do it for a couple of days.

And yes, check the SD card adapter. I have one that is almost impossible to insert in my laptop without moving the switch.
Advert
Old 07-10-2013, 03:29 AM   #63
Exi
Exi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kindle
Hi,
so, i put the update-files on the Image ( with OSFMount) and copy it on the SD-card, switch on and the Kobo makes the update.
After 2-3 reboots the Kobo shows the Wlan´s!!!!!
It looks good!
Thanks for help!!!!!!!!!!!

Exi
Old 07-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #64
kleko
kleko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolbrecht View Post
Finally, the Touch was replaced by the seller. The first thing I made ​​was a backup of the μSD card.
I erased the serial number and put "zeros" instead.
I have two backups: a "normal" with the original serial number for my personal use and a "virgin" without serial numbers to help those who were stuck like me.
Jacques
Hi,

could someone please suply me with souch a backup image? I bricked my kobo due to stupidness.

cheers kleko
Old 07-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #65
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur
jvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch KBN905C
Hi, Kleko

If your Touch is a "C" model, I can help you. Be sure that it is a "C" model.

FCC ID: NOIKBN905C
IC: 8857A-KBN905C
MODEL: N905C

In this case, I will send you a link to download the image disk of the μSD card. I await your response.

:-)

Jacques (from France with Google Translator)
Advert
Old 07-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #66
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@kleko: Your profile says Mini. I haven't seen anyone post that they had an image for the Mini. Hopefully someone will chime in.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:37 AM   #67
kleko

Hello davidfor,
you're right, it is a Kobo mini.
I hope I find someone who has or will create an image of it. However, I would try it with the touch Image. The hardware should be quite similar, from my Understanding. In the worst case I have to bring the unit back to the dealer.
Greetings Kleko
Old 07-12-2013, 04:59 AM   #68
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur
jvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of light

@Kleko: MP sent.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:07 AM   #69
kleko

Thanks, I'll try it and will report back if it works
Old 07-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #70
kleko

update:
as some of you probably have expected, the image of the kobo touch works not without problems. I've now got a new Kobo mini N705.
If anyone needs an image of the SD card, please feel free to ask.
cheers Kleko
Old 07-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #71
mikydo
mikydo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch bricked

I've bricked my Kobo Touch trying to downgrade the firmware from 2.6.1. to 2.5.2.
The version is: N905-KBO-B
Serial Number: N905J2A212004-B

Unfortunately I've not done a backup of the internal SD Card...

I hope someone could help me!

Thanks in advance
Old 07-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #72
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur

Sorry, mikydo. I can't help you, I have a N905C model.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #73
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikydo View Post
I've bricked my Kobo Touch trying to downgrade the firmware from 2.6.1. to 2.5.2.
The version is: N905-KBO-B
Serial Number: N905J2A212004-B

Unfortunately I've not done a backup of the internal SD Card...

I hope someone could help me!

Thanks in advance
Did you try a factory reset as it is described here? I am asking since I have some doubts that downgrading can really brick the device. I know several people have reported that this happens. Still I am not sure whether this is a fact. I tried downgrading from 2.6.1 twice, once to 2.4.0 and once to 2.5.1.Both times my Toucn stuck in the process, but I was still able to do a factory reset.

So if you didn't already do so, make sure that your Touch is charged, and try to trigger a factory reset.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #74
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You could also try using a pin in the hole during the power up process.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #75
mikydo
mikydo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo OK

Yesterday a friend of mine gave me his microSD card.

Now my Kobo Touch is Ok!

The only problem is that the serial number is the same of my friend's Kobo and no more the original one.

I read that I need to edit .Kobo/version file with an hex software (from offset 200).
But offset, in my file, is only until 60...

Second question: Have I edit the serial before inserting microSd, or also when Kobo is on and connected to PC? I try to edit in this way, but serial is always my friend's version...
Closed Thread