Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
ConteMascetti
ConteMascetti began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
usbvision.ko kernel module for PE

I'm trying to build from sources usbvision.ko in order to
use an external USB TV receiver with our tablet.

Unfortunately i have some errors when i do an insmod (i'm using kernel.org 2.6.34 src with Dingo 2.6.19 config files).

Someone allready done it ?
ConteMascetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Is there no 2.6.19 version of that driver? I believe there is or at least a 2.6.20 version. Try to use that one. Probably easier to make changes.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
mint121
mint121 began at the beginning.

I didn't know that we can add/build driver for PE..
In that case, can we add driver for USB 3G modem? 3G modem worked fine in Dingo, can we add driver from dingo build to Ermine?
mint121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

you should be able to add any driver as long as you are able to compile the driver against the 2.6.34 kernel (I think that's the correct version). And you'll need to load the driver. I'm guessing that we may be able to get a more updated version, similar to putting on an updated wpa_supplicant that enables adhoc networks in the wifi list. All was required was to replace our existing version with the patched version.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #5
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
and talk to pablob to integrate them in the golden ermine! getting finally to version 1.0000
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
tekknogenius
Groupie

Then we should get a list of programs to add to the "golden" update then.
1. Modified wpa_supplicant to allow adhoc connections
Old 12-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
you mean changes to standard system
2) javese modified stock browser
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote