Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-08-2014, 06:48 PM   #61
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2,Nook,ipad mini 2, iPad Air, iphone 6 plus
I've downloaded it on my Samsung galaxy note 3. I don't think it's any better than the regular kindle app.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #62
Froide
Guru
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK HD, Samsung GS4, Laptop, Desktop. RIP: NOOK Tablet, Palm devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
I've downloaded it on my Samsung galaxy note 3. I don't think it's any better than the regular kindle app.
Agreed. As far as I can see, the only value-added the Kindle for Samsung app offers users (that the regular Kindle app does not) is the ability to access the free monthly eBook through Samsung Book Deals.

Last edited by Froide; 05-11-2014 at 07:32 AM. Reason: corrected tense
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #63
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Agreed. As far as I can see, the only value-added the Kindle for Samsung app offers users (that the regular Kindle app did not) is the ability to access the free monthly eBook through Samsung Book Deals.
Yes, that seems to be the sole difference.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:05 PM   #64
LucyOne
Connoisseur
LucyOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LucyOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LucyOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Pocketbook Touch Lux, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
Just saw that it's available for my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0!
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #65
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHDX8, FireHD6, FirePhn, Nex7, K4S, ClipZip
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Just saw that it's available for my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0!
About time! ...anyway, thanks for posting
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:40 PM   #66
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
May book selections:

Honey on Your Mind by Maria Mumane
The Dummy Line by Bobby Cole
Far From Perfect by Barbara Longley
Pirates of the Outrigger Rift by Gary Jonas & Bill D. Allen

None of these made my socks roll up and down, but I'll probably get the Pirates one.
I went with the Dummy Line. Much preferred its plot to that of Pirates.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #67
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I tried the Kindle App and the Kindle for Samsung App on my Samsung Galaxy s5 phone and found the latter had much clearer fonts.

Of course, that is a subjective assessment with my eyes (defects of age present) and my own perceptions.

I also use white text on a black background. Others many not use this combination.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #68
LucyOne
Connoisseur
LucyOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LucyOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LucyOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Pocketbook Touch Lux, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
On my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 the Kindle for Samsung App is not as fast as the Kindle for Android app. I'm going to keep both, the Samsung for the deals and the other for reading.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:36 AM   #69
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
They're out! Here are the July 2014 Samsung Book Deals selections, from the Kindle store (in the order presented). I researched them a bit, to identify series (if any) each belongs to and its genre(s):
Today is the last day to get this offer.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #70
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

wrong thread
Old 09-02-2014, 01:12 AM   #71
Froide
Guru
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK HD, Samsung GS4, Laptop, Desktop. RIP: NOOK Tablet, Palm devices.
New thread is here: Kindle for Samsung Free Selections
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote