Old 01-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
wgabi
Enthusiast
wgabi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
kindle 4 keep ejected in every few seconds

hi,

i've never seen anything like this before :-(

on windows 7 ultimate, my kindle enters into usb drive mode, then in about 3 seconds it got ejected, then one second later it connects automatically again, and this goes on adn on..... basically i can't do anything but charching, because it loses connection in seconds....

i never had, and don't have any problem with any other usb device, even at the moment a few other things are attached (removing them doesn't help)(restarted my laptop as well, but no difference)

i have an older laptop, xp running on it, and it works perfectly, connects easily, can use as a drive, can be ejected, etc...

has anyone experienced something similar, any idea, what should i do?

thanks in advance
wgabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Possibly bad USB port or cable. I know you said other devices work ok, but maybe your kindle is more finicky.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
wgabi
Enthusiast

i will try to get an another cable, it makes sense... i mean i just can't think of anything else
Old 01-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgabi View Post

has anyone experienced something similar, any idea, what should i do?

thanks in advance
Not quite the same, but I changed my USB settings once to ensure I had power on mye USB ports on my laptop (Asus netbook) because I use them to recharge my cell phone and I also had a ton of troubles with a gaming controller.

1. Check that your usb drivers are updated.

2. Try disabling powermanagement on the USB hub in the control panel (There are also settings on W7 in power management, but I didn't try that route which might make more sense ... just didn't know about it at the time) :-)
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #5
wgabi
Enthusiast

finally i got a new usb cable, and it is working now :-)

thanks for the tips... i never had a faulty usb cable before, (still it's strange because i can use the same "faulty" cable for my nokia mobile without any problem, but not my kindle)
Advert