Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #16
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
5 years for me, my first ereader was a Sony, then a Kindle 1 that I bought in 2008. I've had every Kindle since then, except for the DX.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #17
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Is this a "support" type thread?

:thumbup:
I was merely surprised at how good a business plan the Kindle must be for Amazon. Not only do I buy more books, in total I've spent (thanks to Agency Pricing) more as well, including a second (backup) Kindle. Something I'd never imagined when I did my original purchase.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #18
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I spend a lot less.
This is due to so many out of copyright books available (Gutenberg etc).

Also as I tend to go with Indie authors rather than big name authors (with a few notable exceptions), when I do buy ebooks, the indie books are a lot cheaper than the big name ones.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
You don't want to know how many books I have bought since owning my first Kindle in Nov 2010.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #20
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
I got my first ereader, a Sony, in 2009 so I've just passed my four year anniversary last month for owning a dedicated reader. First Kindle in Sept. 2010 (so it's coming up for three years in about 3 months time) and a quick check of my library there say it's 15 pages long with a total of 285 items in it.

We (my Mother and I) have a total of 4 Kindles altogether. My favourite is still the original Keyboard Kindle I bought in 2010.

I bought a lot of Kindle books in my first year or so, not so much since, but its still a heck of a lot of books. Luckily not all mine ... and quite a few of the titles were freebies.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #21
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You don't want to know how many books I have bought since owning my first Kindle in Nov 2010.
Being as I follow the Romance thread, I bet I can make an educated guess.

I bought my first reader (Nook Color) back in March 2011, then a Sony in September of that year, and finally a PW in November of last year. I am sure that I will purchase another one this year. My book buying has gone up since I purchased the ereader. Previously, I would get most of my purchases at library sales and second-hand stores. Now I buy mostly indie and read a lot from here and also PG. But, this year, I have started buying some non-fiction books (something I probably wouldn't have done without an ereader).
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote