Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
Vivienne04
Vivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Angry Logged in as 2 accounts???

Hi - first time on the forum. Hope you guys can help! Got a Kobo Touch as a Christmas present, finally set it up yesterday and bought a book. However, when I went back onto desktop and clicked on sync I got a message stating that I was logged into 2 accounts, one on desktop as my own email address and one on reader as a total stranger's email address. The only option the system gives me is to overwrite ME and set up the stranger's email address. I've emailed the help centre twice and have had no response other than the standard robotic confirmation email. The only thing I can think to do is, uninstall the desktop app and reset the reader to facrory settings but this way I'll lose the book I bought Any other suggestions? Thanks x
Vivienne04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne04 View Post
The only thing I can think to do is, uninstall the desktop app and reset the reader to facrory settings but this way I'll lose the book I bought Any other suggestions? Thanks x
Welcome to the forum! Did you buy the book via the desktop? Check your account online (sign in at www.kobobooks.com and go to your library) and see if the book shows up there. As long as it does I would just do a factory reset on the Kobo and when you sync your book will show up on the device. If you bought it on the device and it doesn't show up under your account online then this probably won't work since it isn't going to be in "your" account but the strangers account. If that's the case you're likely stuck waiting for customer service to help you. Good luck.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
This happened to both our new kobo touch devices that were bought at an affiliate (in our case Whitcoulls in New Zealand). The device was trying to connect to Whitcoulls, we were trying to sync using Kobobooks and we got the duplicate account error. We ended up changing the affiliate file on the device itself so that it didn't try to reference Whitcoulls. And no where in the documentation did it even mention that the device was set up to sync to Whitcoulls - it told us to use the kobo desktop, which we did.

When we have to do a factory reset we have to remember to change the file back again. I'm sure it is not what Whitcoulls intended but given that we already had a large library with kobobooks I wasn't about to swap to another store so too bad!

Not sure if this could be part of your problem, where did you buy the device.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #4
Vivienne04
Vivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura about

Kiwipippa - My son bought it at the main branch of WH Smiths in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Robko - I'm pretty sure I bought the book via the desktop but will have a look. If it's in the library I'll do the factory reset ps has anyone had any further problems by doing resets? Thanks for you help!
Old 01-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #5
Vivienne04

Just to update you - Robko, I've checked and the book IS in my library. YEAY!!