Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-15-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
ericjohnson1981
ericjohnson1981 doesn't litterericjohnson1981 doesn't litterericjohnson1981 doesn't litter

Device: free
Hilariously stupid ebay auction

I found this auction last night looking for a verizon phone... I'm not sure whether this guy is joking or needs hooked on phonics

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Halfs-CELL-Pho...QQcmdZViewItem
ericjohnson1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
brilliant !!

"AS CAN SEE, PHONE HAS TWO HALFS. FIXABLE WITH GLUE OR BY A SKILLED ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN."

"PHONE HAVE VERIZON PICTURE, BUT SAY CINGULAR IN BRIGHT GREEN PEN ON BACK> MAYBE CINGULAR OR VERIZON, NOT SURE."

(by the way, i'm going to move this to the lounge, as it's not actually a buy or sell offer)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Well the price is right, but he wants $65 to ship it to me. Interesting.

And did anyone check out what else he has to offer?

YOU ARE BIDDING ON THE BOX OF A 16GB IPOD TOUCH.

YOU ARE NOT BUYING AN ACTUAL IPOD.

With that said, there are a number of things you can do with the iPod touch's box. You can:
-Replace your old box
-Trick your friends
-Use as a decoration

And much much more!

Price?? $61..........but he does offer free shipping with this one.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #4
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I was thinking about getting an iPhone but I called the Apple Store and they do not offer the choice of two colored pen. This alone is worth the extra shipping and handling. I will use the colored pen to write Apple on the back.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
What worries me is that all of his sales are scams. They are clearly noted as scams, however, there are people bidding on one of the boxes, and I really can't imagine anyone bidding $61 on an empty box. This concerns me.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #6
ericjohnson1981
ericjohnson1981 doesn't litterericjohnson1981 doesn't litterericjohnson1981 doesn't litter

Device: free
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I was thinking about getting an iPhone but I called the Apple Store and they do not offer the choice of two colored pen. This alone is worth the extra shipping and handling. I will use the colored pen to write Apple on the back.
I almost fell out of my chair laughing at this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
What worries me is that all of his sales are scams. They are clearly noted as scams, however, there are people bidding on one of the boxes, and I really can't imagine anyone bidding $61 on an empty box. This concerns me.
I'm not sure how much clearer he could have put it in the auction! Either way, it is going to be a rude awakening for him when the buyer realizes what he/she bought!
ericjohnson1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:31 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjohnson1981 View Post
I almost fell out of my chair laughing at this!

I'm not sure how much clearer he could have put it in the auction! Either way, it is going to be a rude awakening for him when the buyer realizes what he/she bought!
I also noticed that clicking on links regarding this seller sent me off into several other scam websites.

It doesn't matter how clear he is supposedly being, I have a feeling that people are getting scammed by his auctions. I suppose if no one had bid on any of this, I would be laughing too .... but I do not like to see people being ripped off.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:42 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As of 8:40 Mt Standard time, that IPOD Touch Box is up to $167..........do you think people are actually gullible enough to think that this is a real IPOD? Even tho it clearly states it isn't? Unbelievable.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjohnson1981 View Post
I found this auction last night looking for a verizon phone... I'm not sure whether this guy is joking or needs hooked on phonics

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Halfs-CELL-Pho...QQcmdZViewItem

Would you believe that someone has actually bid on it?
Old 12-15-2008, 10:53 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
As of 8:40 Mt Standard time, that IPOD Touch Box is up to $167..........do you think people are actually gullible enough to think that this is a real IPOD? Even tho it clearly states it isn't? Unbelievable.
I think people do not read the entire listing carefully. They read the "box" in the heading as "new in box" .... and they do not look any lower than that.

And, yes, I think this is a scam. My only worry in even looking at it is that it tries to take me to a site that I know is a scam and that has been known to plant viruses. So, it doesn't give me a warm and cuddly feeling.

Like I said .... I would find this very funny, if I didn't firmly believe that someone was being scammed. And, what really bothers me is that there is no way to give any of the bidders a head's up or ask them if they are a part of the joke, if it is meant as a joke.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
I think people do not read the entire listing carefully. They read the "box" in the heading as "new in box" .... and they do not look any lower than that.

And, yes, I think this is a scam. My only worry in even looking at it is that it tries to take me to a site that I know is a scam and that has been known to plant viruses. So, it doesn't give me a warm and cuddly feeling.

Like I said .... I would find this very funny, if I didn't firmly believe that someone was being scammed. And, what really bothers me is that there is no way to give any of the bidders a head's up or ask them if they are a part of the joke, if it is meant as a joke.
Ricky, I've looked at the site several times now. Nothing has tried to take me anywhere. What messages are you getting?
Maybe because I'm running Firefox but I'm not getting any pop-ups or anything.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:25 PM   #12
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Ricky, I've looked at the site several times now. Nothing has tried to take me anywhere. What messages are you getting?
Maybe because I'm running Firefox but I'm not getting any pop-ups or anything.
I'm also using Firefox, but I had the pop-ups enabled for the moment. Leave it as it is .... you don't want to go to the places I've been.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:26 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
I'm also using Firefox, but I had the pop-ups enabled for the moment. Leave it as it is .... you don't want to go to the places I've been.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:07 AM   #14
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
And what the heck is with the picture of that scary cat-thingy or what it is on the cellphone auction???????
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:16 AM   #15
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
And what the heck is with the picture of that scary cat-thingy or what it is on the cellphone auction???????
He wanted to emphasize that this is a real hairy offer. Or maybe the kitty comes with the phone, sort of an alliterative auction (buy Phone and Pen - get Pet for free).
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote