Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #16
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
The smart stay feature is nice but no biggie. I have a big button on my home screen now that lets me toggle "screen always on" off and on.
Oh, I know. The timing out is something that happens every now and again when I'm not really thinking about it (and haven't hit the switch for always-on).

I'm just more interested by the method that the phone will detect your eye-level, not so much that it keeps your screen on. I'm fascinated by things like that.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:47 AM   #17
Nick Johnson
Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: googgle ads
Hope to get more new and advance feature in new Samsung galaxy S........
Nick Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2012, 05:05 AM   #18
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
what if i want to use a handsfree with that? the nifty sms to call feature is nice, though
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #19
daviddem
Connoisseur
daviddem doesn't litterdaviddem doesn't litterdaviddem doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
For those bothered by the screen timeouts (on any Android device), there is a nifty free app called "mrk timeout" which lets you define what the screen timeout should be (including "never") for each application installed on your phone. Look for it in the market.

Alternatively, you can pay 4 Euros for the "Tasker" app, which is very powerful and lets you completely program the behaviour of your phone (example: switch wi-fi on for 30 seconds every 10 minutes when the screen is off)

Last edited by daviddem; 08-08-2012 at 09:00 AM.
daviddem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #20
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
what if i want to use a handsfree with that? the nifty sms to call feature is nice, though
Hands free as in a bluetooth device? It should work fine. Also the S3 is supposed to have gestures where you move your hand over the FFC and it will perform an action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddem View Post
For those bothered by the screen timeouts (on any Android device), there is a nifty free app called "mrk timeout" which lets you define what the screen timeout should be (including "never") for each application installed on your phone. Look for it in the market.

Alternatively, you can pay 4 Euros for the "Tasker" app, which is very powerful and lets you completely program the behaviour of your phone (example: switch wi-fi on for 30 seconds every 10 minutes when the screen is off)
Most android devices allow one to set the timeout, the nice feature of the S3 is that it won't dim while your using the device, but will when the device is no longer in use. When things are automated it makes life easier
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #21
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Hands free as in a bluetooth device? It should work fine. Also the S3 is supposed to have gestures where you move your hand over the FFC and it will perform an action.
I meant with the SMS to call feature and not necessarily Bluetooth. Maybe just a headset with mic
Old 08-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #22
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I meant with the SMS to call feature and not necessarily Bluetooth. Maybe just a headset with mic
Oh okay, that feature exist with stock ICS. I just hold the magnify glass on my Galaxy S and say "send text to ..." to send a text handsfree
Old 08-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #23
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Oh okay, that feature exist with stock ICS. I just hold the magnify glass on my Galaxy S and say "send text to ..." to send a text handsfree
Oh, I'm sorry for being difficult, but I understand that one of the features is that you can make a call from the SMS screen by putting the phone to your ear. I was wondering if using a headset negates that function
Old 08-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #24
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Most android devices allow one to set the timeout, the nice feature of the S3 is that it won't dim while your using the device, but will when the device is no longer in use. When things are automated it makes life easier
There is an app in the market (iseeyou I believe) that does the same. I haven't used it, as I have an S3, but my bro uses it.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #25
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry for being difficult, but I understand that one of the features is that you can make a call from the SMS screen by putting the phone to your ear. I was wondering if using a headset negates that function
Gotcha, in that case I have no clue.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #26
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Just wanted to say that I gave my wife the Galaxy SIII and the battery is decent. It's an awesome phone.

Only thing is , I was shocked when I noticed it uses a mini SIM. That's one of the reason I'm keeping my Galaxy SII. That allows me to swap phones when I go to Colombia, even use an old Motorola Rzr I still have.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #27
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Definitely loving mine! I was worried about the brightness of the screen but it is awesome!
can do web and email almost as easy as on my kindle fire.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #28
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Just wanted to say that I gave my wife the Galaxy SIII and the battery is decent. It's an awesome phone.

Only thing is , I was shocked when I noticed it uses a mini SIM. That's one of the reason I'm keeping my Galaxy SII. That allows me to swap phones when I go to Colombia, even use an old Motorola Rzr I still have.
a micro sim, you mean? that would mean i'd have to get a new number

around how long did the battery last for her? it's one of my main concerns
Old 08-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #29
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
a micro sim, you mean? that would mean i'd have to get a new number

around how long did the battery last for her? it's one of my main concerns
She leaves home at 9am, back at 6:30 or 7 pm. Battery level is like 50% when she made home.

Granted, she mostly text, but uses it for light browsing and Facebook.

Last edited by jocampo; 08-08-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #30
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Definitely loving mine! I was worried about the brightness of the screen but it is awesome!
can do web and email almost as easy as on my kindle fire.
You're right.

Actually, I find it easier on the Galaxy SIII due its fast response.