Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #16
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_73 View Post
If you received an invite, is there the same process as it was with gmail where you could send invitations as soon as you were in???
Not yet, but if they do, I'll let you know

It is unlike Gmail in that, I not only had to email them to get on the waiting list to try their Plus Preview, but once I *was* accepted, they immediately asked for ten dollars
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #17
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Aha. That's the catch. So what do you get for the 10 bucks?
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #18
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Aha. That's the catch. So what do you get for the 10 bucks?
Its a monthly subscription to the service. Still has commercials. Just more access to more shows apparently. I signed up just for fun-I'm curious if these services (netflix, ABC, Hulu) will get me interested in watching network TV again since we cancelled our cable service a while back.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #19
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I'd love to cancel my service here in Germany. But it's more like a TV tax. As soon as, I quote "you own a device that is capable of receiving broadcasts" (this also includes internet), you have to pay. As I cannot cancel this, I won't take pay tv.
Ok, is there a free hulu app?
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #20
kjk

Quote:
I'd love to cancel my service here in Germany. But it's more like a TV tax. As soon as, I quote "you own a device that is capable of receiving broadcasts" (this also includes internet), you have to pay. As I cannot cancel this, I won't take pay tv.
Ok, is there a free hulu app?
Nope-Hulu doesn't officially support any free mobile service directly, yet...even with their free Flash site (although people are using browser spoofing i think to access it). And of course Hulu Plus is using something else (HTML5?) for the iPad.
Advert