Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
mirrrad
mirrrad began at the beginning.

Device: nook
WiFi only Nook not connecting to network

I ordered and recd my Wifi only nook a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, right now the only wifi connection i have access to is one which is secured at the browser (after connecting to the otherwise open network, I need to open a browser window which shows me a default landing page where I have to click agree & accept, before it allows me to connect to the internet)

The nook of course, seems to have trouble with this deal. Any suggestions for what I can do? Has anyone found a workaround for this ever?

Thanks for the help!
mirrrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
nyrath
Addict
nyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfolded

I thought that the Nook browser could be used to click "agree and accept"
nyrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
mirrrad

Nope, doesn't work for me.

Trouble is, the landing page opens through an automatic redirect under usual circumstances. But this here device gets stuck with a blank page when that redirect happens, with a "this page has moved" error on the title of the browser. (hope this is making sense)

As you might imagine, it's really frustrating to have gotten this brand new device and not being able to connect to register it and download the books that are already on my B&N account.

Would appreciate if anyone could tell me a workaround to get that done (Is there maybe a way to connect it to my PC and connect to the internet through there?)
Old 06-30-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrrad View Post
Nope, doesn't work for me.

Trouble is, the landing page opens through an automatic redirect under usual circumstances. But this here device gets stuck with a blank page when that redirect happens, with a "this page has moved" error on the title of the browser. (hope this is making sense)

As you might imagine, it's really frustrating to have gotten this brand new device and not being able to connect to register it and download the books that are already on my B&N account.

Would appreciate if anyone could tell me a workaround to get that done (Is there maybe a way to connect it to my PC and connect to the internet through there?)
You can download your books from the B&N website and use the USB connection to copy the books to the My Documents folder on the Nook. That way you can at least start reading your books.

As for the wifi hotspot login.
I believe someone at the B&N forum got a browser login working by not choosing the hotspot from the list detected by the Nook, but by configuring the hotspot manually using the "other hotspot" option (last choice in the list).
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
mirrrad

thanks, that seems like a workable option for now, until i get my hands on a free wifi network at least.
Advert