Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-01-2009, 01:35 AM   #1
Pat Struttmann
Struttlady
Pat Struttmann began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
A complete tyro and need help

Good morning. After reading many, many posts--all great btw--I have a question about my Kindle PID and if I need to post it on Mobileread.com before I purchase books and convert the .prc.

Your directions are awesome and have worked with another vendor, but I simply cannot find a place in my account on Mobileread to enter it.

Am I missing something very simple? Please help. Thanks!
Pat Struttmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:14 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Struttmann View Post
Good morning. After reading many, many posts--all great btw--I have a question about my Kindle PID and if I need to post it on Mobileread.com before I purchase books and convert the .prc.

Your directions are awesome and have worked with another vendor, but I simply cannot find a place in my account on Mobileread to enter it.

Am I missing something very simple? Please help. Thanks!
There is no need to enter a Kindle PID anywhere on MobileRead. It is only needed for public libraries and ebook sellers who use the Overdrive servers to lend or sell ebooks.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Pat and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
MobileRead does not sell books. All the books here are free to download, and the MobiPocket (PRC) books can be read directly on your Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
Pat Struttmann
Struttlady

Thanks, everyone. I knew that it had to be simple. I was overthinking it.
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Pat, and enjoy the books.

Did you also know you can check out library e-books, and load them on your Kindle using kindlefix?

They automatically expire at the end of the loan period, so theres never a late charge!

click on the linky...........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #7
Pat Struttmann
Struttlady

Thanks, DesertGrandma. How's the weather. It's been 20 some years since we lived in Phoenix. After this winter (in Iowa) there is a lot to be said for sun!

Anyway, I did know about the e-books--I am a librarian in a small town. The forums are so much fun.