Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2008, 03:00 AM   #1
dumky
dumky began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC
Question Grid layout for a calendar

Hi folks,

I'm trying to create a calendar for the Kindle (one month per page) in mobipocket format.
But I can't seem to get any kind of vertical alignment going. Each row in my tables seem independent from other rows, and the cells are not lining up.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Julien Couvreur
http://blog.monstuff.com
dumky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:38 AM   #2
MMascaro
Zealot
MMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheese

Device: HP mini 1035/Sony Reader/IPad
When I made the calendar for the Sony last year I started with excell and saved it as a PDF.
MMascaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
dumky
dumky began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC
PDF Calendar for Sony Reader

Do you still have it? I can try to run it thru MobiPocket to see what happens.

From my side, I tried directly in HTML. MobiPocket format is supports tables (as long as they are not embedded). My test files worked fine in the MobiPocket reader for the PC, but did not render well on the Kindle.

Cheers,
Julien Couvreur
dumky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I have a calendar on a web page, in html, using table formatting. It looked awful on the Kindle. *UNTIL* I turned on the "advanced" (or something like that) formatting. Now it looks beautiful! While viewing a web page, from "Basic Web", you click "menu" again, and there is the "advanced" (or something like that) option. Not sure if that option is only available when viewing web pages, or if it is available locally on the Kindle.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote