Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #106
halfcore
halfcore began at the beginning.

Device: ibook
Does Import List plugin support importing from a list of authors and highlight or select all books from matched authors?
halfcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #107
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@halfcore - not directly no. Import list is about importing a list of *books* (since that is what calibre stores, not authors). If you can point to a page that contains books for an author you can import that, but it is a requirement that at the bare minimum whatever you import has a "title".
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #108
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Kiwidude:

Amazon has this new feature on their website which searches through your kindle purchases and finds books in your library which have a companion whispersync book in Audible format. Is there any way to set up an Import list in order to import this list? I tried to modify one of the existing Amazon lists, but my inexperience did not produce any results.

Thanks in Advance

EDIT: I saved the page as a local file to get around the problem of the sign in issues but still not able to get any results. I am sure this is due to my inability to know what the heck I am doing.
Without an example link I can't say for sure, but certainly if it can be displayed on a web page the chances are the plugin can scrape it with the right xpath expressions.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #109
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Here is an example of what a wishlist page looks like, this is a public one so you should have no trouble seeing it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...wl_rlist_go_o?
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #110
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Here is an example of what a wishlist page looks like, this is a public one so you should have no trouble seeing it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...wl_rlist_go_o?
Ok, here is a quick set of settings that works on that link you sent:

Set the Rows xPath to: //div[@class="a-row"]/h4/..
Set Title xpath to: h4/a/text()
Set the Authors xPath to: text()[normalize-space()]

Then click on the "Strip" buttons (with the cogs) next to Title and authors, and in both of them select the scroll button and choose (...) from the list, which puts this expression in the textbox of \(.*\) and then click OK.

That will give you the contents of that page.

Alternatively, download the attached zip file, go to the User Settings tab, click on the Import button and choose the zip file, and you will have an "Amazon Wishlist" setting appear that you can use. Obviously you will just change the URL on the Web Page tab up the top to point at different wishlist pages...
Attached Files
File Type: zip AmazonWishlist.zip (524 Bytes, 334 views)
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #111
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
THANK YOU

Thank you so much Kiwidude, it works beautifully!!

NOTE: For those who may want to employ this, your list must be set to public and not private. Also, if you enter a url and find that the list is not generating when selecting the preview button, just go back to the settings on your list, select profile settings and save it. You do not have to make any updates, just save it to update it. Enter your new url and all should be well.

This is going to be fantastic for me, because now I can easily import my wishlist items into Calibre. Next up, figuring out my Audible wishlist. Though I might not be able to so that one, since that list is not public.

Once again Kiwidude, thank you very much.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #112
lordh
lordh began at the beginning.

Device: voxter
Hello, I would prefer to specify: I am French thus saddened in advance for the rough translation.
First of all, congratulation for your plugin.
Here is my concerns I have a file under this shape (in .txt):

Quote:
<a href="http://exoshare.com/download.php?uid=LJV0QZPE">istrati_jeunesse_adrien _zograffi_3_mes_departs.epub</a>
<a href="http://exoshare.com/download.php?uid=XVVG99DZ">allais_on_n_est_pas_des _boeufs.epub</a>
<a href="http://exoshare.com/download.php?uid=LCEKYNMK">le_rouge_espionne_grand _lama.epub</a>
<a href="http://exoshare.com/download.php?uid=1R07F1QZ">troudic_les_harengs_de_ ploucamor.epub</a>
<a href="http://exoshare.com/download.php?uid=0KTMNEQ8">tachard_second_voyage_a u_royaume_de_siam_1712.epub</a>
In spite of several tries I do not manage to insert the data, nevertheless in calibre I created columns links it would seems in more than the list that I have the author is mixed with the title do you think there is a solution (via Excel) for example?
Thank you
lordh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #113
xmodder
xmodder began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by trying View Post
When creating a "csv" file (actually a tab-delimited file), how does one specify multiple authors?

I tried "firstname1 lastname1, firstname2 lastname2", "firstname1 lastname1 & firstname2 lastname2", and "firstname1 lastname1 firstname2 lastname2". None of them found any matches in "Step 2: Match list of books against your library" of the Import List PI. The "Possible matches for selected book" area, however always found the correct entry.
I am facing exactly the same issue described by trying, but I have not found any answer to this question on the thread.
Have you found a way to make this case of multiple authors to match automatically on Step 2, trying?

How should be separated the multiple authors for the plugin to interpret them right?

Best regards
xmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:03 AM   #114
kiwidude

@lordh - unless you can come up with a regular expression to seaprate the title from the author there is nothing this plugin can do for you.

@xmodder/trying - sorry I missed that original question. If one of you guys could PM me a link to a sample csv file I will take a look and see what I can suggest.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #115
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Is someone looking at this to do the QT5 update?
Please!

This is the last of the ones I have installed.
I use this mostly to populate the rest of a series with 'Empty Books'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #116
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is someone looking at this to do the QT5 update?
Please!

This is the last of the ones I have installed.
@theducks, davidfor mentioned the other day he'd been dodging doing it

I won't be moving to 2.0 without it, I use it almost every day as part of my journals and articles update.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #117
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
OK, enough already. I can hear you all.

I had done some of it before and I think I have finished it now. But, I don't use the plugin. My testing is nearly just random clicking on the interface to see what happens. I've done this in both the v2 beta and the portable version of 1.48.

While doing my testing, I did find two bugs in the existing code:

- Pressing the "Browser" button on "User Settings" tab showed an error. I can't see that should do anything, so I hid it.

- When matching the books, if the search ends in "and" or "or", there is an error.

As I said, I haven't done much testing. And I haven't done any testing of the "Clipboard" or "CSV File" tabs of the source configuration. I haven't done much on the "Web Page" tab. I am sure there will still be some problems on all of the tabs. If you find a problem, I need as much information as possible. The full error message, what site if you are using one of the predefined source, or a URL or a copy of the CSV file. And what each of the other fields contains. Plus the exact steps you followed. With enough information, I should be able to reproduce and fix anything that goes wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Import List-qt5.zip (116.7 KB, 325 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:46 AM   #118
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

David,
Thanks for all your efforts

We will take what is given,
'As is',
no pressure. (If you believe that? I have this bridge....)

I would guess 95% of my use is the Webpage (mostly use Fantastic Fiction)
with a tiny bit of CSV

I also don't use it frequently. Mostly when a new book comes out that belongs to a series that I don't already track and I back fill the info on the other books.

BR sounds like your best candidate for the full wring-it-out test because of his stated frequency of use

again
Old 08-14-2014, 06:08 PM   #119
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@davidfor

I'll give the CSV mode a work out as part of my daily 'articles' routine, not today though, because it's already done

I've barely looked at, let alone used any of the other modes, I'll leave Webpage mode to theducks, and see if I can to some tests on the others, they'll only be cursory but.

Double thanks for all yer hard yakka, and facing up to the quicks on a sticky

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:40 PM   #120
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Tested (1 author): Webpage mode

Calibre 1.48 < production still works

Calibre 1.205 <beta Leaves the form window orphaned on completion, otherwise we have our new entries.

Note orphan windows have been seen by me in other places on Calibre running on XP so this might not be a PI fault. Just reporting

Tags
column types