Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #31
marnom
Enthusiast
marnom began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
@talulu :

Yes, you can fold the cover completely on the back to make it usable with one hand. I think that wouldn't be any problem to keep it in a large purse, it is padded enough to accept hits from other objects. As for dropping it at 2 feet high, I wouldn't test it myself; I don't trust enough that case, nor I wouldn't trust any other case anyway, to make the test.

Plus, it is now easy to slip on the case a clip light to read in the dark.
marnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #32
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by marnom View Post
I think that wouldn't be any problem to keep it in a large purse, it is padded enough to accept hits from other objects.
I second that. It's definitely got enough padding to protect your kobo inside a purse/bag. That was my main reason for buying a case, and it does a good job of protecting the unit when carrying it around in my bag.

Quote:
As for dropping it at 2 feet high, I wouldn't test it myself; I don't trust enough that case, nor I wouldn't trust any other case anyway, to make the test.
Totally! It's imitation leather, not shock resistant armour!

Quote:
Plus, it is now easy to slip on the case a clip light to read in the dark.
That was my main reason for buying a "book-cover-style" case instead of a sleeve. Previously I was clipping my light to the Kobo itself, but the weight distribution is much better with the light attached to the case.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:57 AM   #33
dominici
dominici began at the beginning.

Ah bugger it, I got tired of waiting for these to make it here in Australia so I ordered one off the net:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/ereadi...her+Covers%3a1

Hope it doesn't take too long to get here.

Edit: Ah nuts, I have to send them a fax of my credit card details to verify it's me. Delays, delays...

Edit #2 (30th June): All done and is now on its way to me.

Last edited by dominici; 06-29-2010 at 11:52 PM.
dominici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #34
talulu
talulu began at the beginning.

Thanks so much Marnom and artificial!
Am going to order one now. Hope Chapters comes out with a real leather "book cover style" one soon! This one looks like it wears easily
talulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:23 AM   #35
Katdragon
Connoisseur
Katdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (currently out of commission), Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_3000 View Post
Not sure if any of you have seen these: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Kobo-eReader-...item27b27929cf

I purchased a purple one the other day. Despite coming from America, total cost (AUD) was $20. this included shipping. I don't mind having to wait because i think this case is rather nice and my kobo will fit well in it.
I had a look at the Smiggles cover but it's very thick! One of the things I like about the Kobo is how thin it is.
How thick is this cover? Does it hold the Kobo nicely and can you see the sides of it (I have a skin and don't want to waste money on something where I can't see it!)?
Katdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:19 AM   #36
jose87
jose87 began at the beginning.

Yo compré esta en Ebay y queda perfectamente:

jose87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #37
Katdragon
Connoisseur

Ahh, looks like a nice thin case then.
It's going to be about AU$25 for me since I'm not in Canada or the US so I want to make sure that I'm getting the best one for the job.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #38
ronw
Enthusiast
ronw began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Kobo Case

I ordered a Kobo case from Amazon and it has just arrived and I am very happy with it. It is designed for Kobo, made of soft leather with elastic corner strips to hold Kobo in place. It has a magnetic clip to hold it closed. All in all very nice and a lot better than some of the so called Kobo cases advertised elsewhere
ronw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #39
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronw View Post
I ordered a Kobo case from Amazon and it has just arrived and I am very happy with it. It is designed for Kobo, made of soft leather with elastic corner strips to hold Kobo in place. It has a magnetic clip to hold it closed. All in all very nice and a lot better than some of the so called Kobo cases advertised elsewhere
Pics? Link? Make & model of case?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #40
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Why would Amazon make a case for a Kobo when they sell Kindle?
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #41
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
I believe Amazon is the stockist in this case. If you do a search for 'kobo case' on Amazon, there are actually cases from a few different manufacturers available.

I'd also be interested in seeing what case ronw ordered. I've been tossing up between ordering one from eBay, or a custom-made one from Etsy.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:10 PM   #42
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Great. Thank you. I will look at those.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:28 AM   #43
ronw
Enthusiast
ronw began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Ok The case I ordered was this one.
http://www.amazon.com/Kobo-eReader-L...8055175&sr=8-7
I prefer the fit to other cases and the leather is quite nice to feel. My camera battery is flat so cannot post pics tonight but if you don't get enough view from Amazon let me know and I will post pics tomorrow.
ronw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #44
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Thanks Ronw, the pictures at Amazon are fine. It looks nicely snug, and doesn't seem to add too much bulk. Together with shipping, it costs more than I expected, but then again, it is real leather. Hrm...
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #45
Katdragon
Connoisseur

Argh! Too many decisions to make! I have a $20 amazon gift voucher which will make the leather case around $22 including shipping (if they let me use my card for that) but I can also use it on that Nook case...
RonW and artificial, would you mind measuring how bulky your cases are (i.e. the height) as I'd rather get something that properly fits my Kobo but if it's too big then it defeats the purpose.

Edit: I went for the real leather one - if I'm going to be getting stuff to protect my Kobo I may as well do it properly

Last edited by Katdragon; 07-04-2010 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Updated info