Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
jodievt
jodievt began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq
Diesel - Shocking service or is it just me?

Hi there,

I just want to know if anybody else has been having atrocious (or in my case non existant) customer service from Diesel?

I have read a couple who have had good service and others who have not.

So please - those who have had a "quick" response please tell me what you did as I just followed the prompts on their website to report a problem ... And believe me I have afew .. and to date have had no response.

Good to hear what people say.
jodievt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #2
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Well, I hadn't visited Diesel recently because of slow page load times, but the week before last I received an email offering $5 off on my next order and inviting feedback. I struggled through their book listings for a while and then emailed back that, while I really appreciated the coupon, it would be nice if the site were faster. Amazingly enough, I got an email 19 minutes later from Scott Redford, thanking me for the feedback and saying it was something they were working on. Anyway, I'm inclined to put the site back on the list of those I visit regularly to look for books.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #3
Pardoz
Which side are you on?
Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2 Int'l
From what I've seen, Diesel's approach to customer service seems to be "If we ignore potential customers well enough, we won't need to spend any money on CS, since they'll just give up and shop elsewhere", but then I read something like the above, with somebody getting an answer within 20 minutes.

Is there some secret password or something? A funny handshake?
Pardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Where are you based, Jodievt? Could late response be down to time zone differences? Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I got the same 5.00 coupon offer. I did use it to get a book down to a "reasonable" price; and immediately got a reply from Scott, thanking me for my order and hoping I'd be back regularly. I've never had a problem with their customer service, the only gripe I've ever had with them is the amount of time it takes for them to approve and credit for new ebook bundle suggestions.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Could late response be down to time zone differences?
If it's any help, my email and the response were just after 8 PM Eastern time (I'm in New York state). Oh, and it was a Sunday.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The worst service I've ever encountered is from Simon & Shuster. You use the support form on their website and nobody responds. You call customer services and they havn't a clue and they give you phone numbers for the wrong departments who also don't have a clue.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I sent a question off to their customer service and the email acknowledging my question told me I would get a response within 24 hours. 3 weeks later, I still haven't received an answer to my question. I don't really need the answer any longer but a response to my email would have been nice.

That hasn't kept me from buying ebooks from them, but I only do that when I can't get the format I want from a cheaper source.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #9
schroedercl2
Enthusiast
schroedercl2 is on a distinguished road

Device: none
I've never had a problem with them. Usually they respond within 2 days.
schroedercl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #10
4-eyes
Enthusiast
4-eyes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-300
I've bought the majority of my eBooks from them. I've never had to use their customer service so I can't comment on that side of things but in general I have found them very good to buy from.

I suppose that they could have a better browsing interface, navigating around the site when you haven't got a particular book in mind can feel 'clunky' but as long as they have what I'm looking for at a decent price that's what matters most to me.
4-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:45 AM   #11
jodievt

I totally concure! I mean I am using the service they offer but there must be some secret code.

And to answer any other questions regarding potential reasons for "delayed" responses from diesel - I get NO responses. delayed would be nice but i get naddah.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:48 AM   #12
jodievt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodievt View Post
Is there some secret password or something? A funny handshake?
I totally concure! I mean I am using the service they offer but there must be some secret code.

And to answer any other questions regarding potential reasons for "delayed" responses from diesel - I get NO responses. delayed would be nice but i get naddah.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:53 AM   #13
jodievt

I just tried purchasing some books again and had no success. I have had no assistance and have contacted them on multiple occasions.

Also I find it interesting that this thread CLEARLY has diesel on the title yet I don't have any diesel reps putting their hand up to help me out.

I have noted in other posts that people get redirected for assistance or most amazingly a direct contact participates! shock of shocks.

For those of you who have had success with their CS do you just use the service that they provide? i.e. Help >> Support centre
Old 02-21-2010, 05:56 AM   #14
jodievt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayrad View Post
I struggled through their book listings for a while and then emailed back that, while I really appreciated the coupon, it would be nice if the site were faster. Amazingly enough, I got an email 19 minutes later from Scott Redford.
Did you use their CS URL or did you reply to their email that they sent you with the coupon?

If you have a direct email to share that would be awesome!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #15
wayrad
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodievt View Post
Did you use their CS URL or did you reply to their email that they sent you with the coupon?

If you have a direct email to share that would be awesome!
There was a different address on the personal email; I've PM'd you. It may be on their site too, but I haven't checked.