Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
Eliza511
Eliza511 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Question PRS-600 difficulty organising library with adobe editions

Hello - As well as my sony reader software where most of my books are located, I bought some books in adobe pub and these seem to need to be downloaded to adobe digital editions. All worked and both download to the reader but do not go into the Sony library. This means that I cannot put them into the categories that I want to keep my books organised.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Incidentally, I have just discovered this forum and it is already saving my sanity!
Eliza511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Using the Reader Library can't you open the contents of your Reader and drag the books to the collection you created?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Eliza511

I haven't managed to drag the books into the library nor have I been able to import. I will try again but so far I can't work it out.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza511 View Post
I haven't managed to drag the books into the library nor have I been able to import. I will try again but so far I can't work it out.
No, I'm referring to viewing the content of the Reader (in "books") within the Reader Library. When you locate the books you're referring to (on the Reader), just drag them (within the Reader) to the collection you want. You don't have to find the files and import them to the Library.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
Eliza511

I think I understand. When I tried to do this in the Reader view, I had the message that I couldn't do this. I'll try again and get the exact message. Thank you for your patience.
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #6
Eliza511

OK! Now I have transferred each of the books into the library and then classified them into the categories....
BUT now I have a new problem. The books in the reader have multiplied copies so I have 3 or 4 copies of most of the books. It seems to happen when syncing that it adds another copy. I can't delete within the reader so how can I control this as there aren't several copies in the library!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Turn syncing off. I find it causes more problems than it helps. You can also try Calibre to manage your library of ebooks.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
OK! Now I have transferred each of the books into the library and then classified them into the categories....
BUT now I have a new problem. The books in the reader have multiplied copies so I have 3 or 4 copies of most of the books. It seems to happen when syncing that it adds another copy. I can't delete within the reader so how can I control this as there aren't several copies in the library!
I don't use the sync feature because of such issues. Really no reason to. Why can't you delete manually within the Reader itself. Disconnect the Reader, view all books, sort by title, press the options button, select "delete books", then check off the books you want to delete. When it's cleaned up, don't use the sync feature. Manually manipulate the books when you want.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
Eliza511

What is calibre?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #10
Eliza511

AHH!
I haven't tried to delete except when linked to PC. If I try to delete then I am told that this is not possible... to delete ... do it in source library then it will be synced! The problem with this is that I only have one of each book in the source library...!
If I can delete a book in the reader that solves that problem.

If I don't sync then can I drag and drop?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
AHH!
If I don't sync then can I drag and drop?
Yes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #12
Eliza511

thank you Scion and grooks.

I feel a little more in control of this slightly un-user-friendly software.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
thank you Scion and grooks.

I feel a little more in control of this slightly un-user-friendly software.
You're welcome.

Tags
library, mixture of formats, organisation