Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-27-2013, 05:19 AM   #1
patmoren
patmoren began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung galaxy Tab2
Samsung Galaxy Tab and Calibre

I have recently bought a Samsung tablet as my Kindle is getting a bit jaded. I have transfered my Kindle books to the Kindle app no problem but when I sent some books from Calibre to the device it put the boooks in the SD file and I am unable to open them. I do not have an SD card inserted at the moment. Do I need to install some sort of e-reader to be able to open the books. Or is there some setting needed somewhere. I am new to the tablet world and haven't been able to work it out.
patmoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
1katie23
Enthusiast
1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Nook Color running CM7, Galaxy Note II
Hi Pat:

You'll need to install a generic ereader app in order for the books to open on your tab. There are quite a few good ones out there for free. Aldiko and Moonreader just to name a few should solve your problem. Look on Google Play. Make sure to read each app for the type of books they support as some support drm and some support nondrm, as well as what format type, i.e, epub, mobi, azw. If your books have drm, then Aldiko will require authorization from adobe digital editions to open the book, so you will also need an ADE account too.

Search the forums here as there is a wealth of info regarding reading apps.
1katie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 04:13 AM   #3
patmoren
patmoren began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung galaxy Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1katie23 View Post
Hi Pat:

You'll need to install a generic ereader app in order for the books to open on your tab. There are quite a few good ones out there for free. Aldiko and Moonreader just to name a few should solve your problem. Look on Google Play. Make sure to read each app for the type of books they support as some support drm and some support nondrm, as well as what format type, i.e, epub, mobi, azw. If your books have drm, then Aldiko will require authorization from adobe digital editions to open the book, so you will also need an ADE account too.

Search the forums here as there is a wealth of info regarding reading apps.
Thanks very much Katie that worked. I have ionsatlled the Aldiko app as Cal;ibre seems to like that one. I thought it might originally transfer the books to the Kindkle app but that wasn't possible. I can now read all my books on the Tablet. Very pleased
patmoren is offline   Reply With Quote