Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #16
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
What Billi said: "Which one should I buy"

The LAST thing we need is to move these non-generic devices out of their current sub-fora.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Plus changing introduces questions such as where do the KF and NT go? Right now they're happily in sub-fora of their respective main fora.
That's wrong. There is no sub-forum for the NT. That request still hasn't been addressed by management.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #18
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Jon, how About the "Which One Should I Buy" thing-a-mabob? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123

After the relatively brief period of time when folks are looking to compare devices, there is a loooong period of time when they generally want to talk about/get support for the device they own. From what I can tell, once a person actually has a device to use, they don't usually hang out and post in other sections of the forum devoted to devices they don't own.

There are exceptions, of course. Some folks own one thing but feel compelled to regularly talk trash about what's wrong with the devices they don't own and have no intention of purchasing in the future. I'm not talking about asking a question or two, or adding in some helpful way to the conversation taking place.

Last edited by taming; 11-21-2011 at 06:31 PM. Reason: clarity
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Not all threads comparing devices are going to end in buying. So "Which One Should I Buy" is not always the correct please to post.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #20
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Not all threads comparing devices are going to end in buying. So "Which One Should I Buy" is not always the correct please to post.
the which one should I buy thread is not just about people buying. It is also for sharing which one would be the best buy if you were buying. Tablets have been around for years. We don't have special fourms to discuss netbooks either but that does not mean there is a problem. It is particularly difficult to even specify what a tablet is. Some eBook Reader can be jailbroken and voila they are a tablet. It is kind of like saying a multimedia device has to have a microphone.

The way it is set up now supports most forum members the best I think both initially and in the long term after they own a device. There is always, more devices and alternate devices for any addition needs of users. most people find them fine to discuss devices that do not have their own forums.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What if I wanted to talk about say the differences between The Blackberry Playbook, the HP Touchpad, the Apple iPad2, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab? No place to really do so.
I'd post it in "Android Devices" because it gets more views than "Apple Devices" and "Which one should I buy?"
Old 11-22-2011, 06:41 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
"Which one should I buy?"

(But seriously, why not in the general Android section? Why else do we have it?)
Because people with a Fire probably won't see it (as they will look in the Amazon forum) and people with a Nook device won't see it (as they will look in the B&N forum) and people with a Vox device won't see it (as they will look in the Kobo forum).

And I won't see either of those fora because most of the threads there I've absolutely no interest in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'd post it in "Android Devices" because it gets more views than "Apple Devices" and "Which one should I buy?"
The problem is, a post like that fits several categories. And thus should be posted in the various fora. However you organize a forum, there'll always be something that doesn't work as well. I think the root of the problem is that the organization is based upon manufacturer instead of type.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
The problem is, a post like that fits several categories. And thus should be posted in the various fora. However you organize a forum, there'll always be something that doesn't work as well. I think the root of the problem is that the organization is based upon manufacturer instead of type.
I totally agree with you; but it's quite clear that management here has absolutely no desire to do it that way.

So if I have a thread that can fit in several forums, I'll either post it several times or just choose the one that gets the most views. I lean toward the most views, which means it won't be in "Which one should I buy?"
Old 12-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #24
mohawk
Enthusiast
mohawk began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet, Tried the Fire, Currently, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus
I came here first when I was shopping around for an ereader. At that time, i read everything I could to narrow down my choices based on my parameters. I settled on the Nook Tablet but I had to do a lot of searching the forum to come to that conclusion. Now that i have a Nook Tablet and I suspect there will be a lot of greenhorns with Nook Tablets who are looking for like minded people to share their experiences with on a regulsar basis in the coming months. I'd like to see the Nook Tablet stay in the B&N Sub Forum but have it's own place like the Nook Color does. That's probably where I'd hang out most the time.
mohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #25
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
I would be happy if the Nook Color SubForum's name was changed to NooK Color/Tablet. KISS...
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #26
Mycopsycho
Mycopsycho will become famous soon enoughMycopsycho will become famous soon enoughMycopsycho will become famous soon enoughMycopsycho will become famous soon enoughMycopsycho will become famous soon enoughMycopsycho will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Simple Touch Reader
I'd like to see the Nook Tablet as a sub of the B&N Forum and the Kindle Fire as a sub of the Amazon forum. IMHO they are each first a colored e-reader and then "sort of" a tablet, not being equivalent to an iPad or Samsung Galaxy Tab in functionality (out of the box).
Mycopsycho is offline   Reply With Quote