Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 02:25 AM   #1
edy101edy
edy101edy began at the beginning.

Device: Isilo
One line spacing every sentence

Hi, would like to know what I am doing wrong because every time I convert a file ex. PDF to TXT, there is a always one line space in each sentence. Hope anyone knows how to solve this. thanks
edy101edy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:19 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by edy101edy View Post
Hi, would like to know what I am doing wrong because every time I convert a file ex. PDF to TXT, there is a always one line space in each sentence. Hope anyone knows how to solve this. thanks
I'm not sure what you're experiencing, but have you read the Sticky post on PDF conversions?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
edy101edy

@dwanthny

Yup I read it already but it is not only restricted to PDF file. I have converted a PRC file to TXT and there is a line spacing.

example:

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The
quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

Above will be written as:

Has anyone encountered this?
Old 08-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Yes and one way that works is to convert the PDF to ZIP then the ZIP to MOBI. (Doesn't ALWAYS work but often doing that will fix it).

Sorry--you want to convert to TXT not MOBI. Still you should try it. PDF to ZIP, ZIP to TXT.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yup I read it already but it is not only restricted to PDF file. I have converted a PRC file to TXT and there is a line spacing.

example:

Above will be written as:

Has anyone encountered this?
Next time you convert a file with these results try clicking on heuristic processing and select unwrap lines .40 or .45 should work.

Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-07-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Advert
Old 08-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
edy101edy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Next time you convert a file with these results try clicking on heuristic processing and select unwrap lines .40 or .45 should work.

Good Luck.
Thanks. Tried it but with the same effect. Even if i opened the converted txt file in notepad there is always one line space in between.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #7
edy101edy

No one experienced this problem? Appreciate any help. Thanks!!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
No one experienced this problem? Appreciate any help. Thanks!!
Sorry, I never convert to txt (only) and I avoid, plague_upon_my_eyes PDF as a source.
remember to make your changes in the Conversion screen (or click 'restore defaults' to use newer preferences).
Preferences only get used on new conversions
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #9
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
try .30 or .35 or even .20
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Have you tried the various (Preferences - Output options - text output) output format options (plain, markdown and textile) in the Text output section?