Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 11:33 PM   #1
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
can't save XJpurnal files or open new note in Notes

I have an 8GB SD card in my Irex 800. 6.4 GB are still unused. But I cannot save an 8 page XJournal file and open a new one, I also can't open a new note file. However, adding new pages to the last open Xjournal file works fine. I am using the latest versions of DR800+ and Xjournal.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Strange follow up to this story. Yesterday evening I wanted to continue reading my book in FBReader. FBReader and XJournal either had crashed (or the device reset itself). Now I reopened XJournal and the file and I could save it. FBReader, however, had lost its place in the book. Actually FBReader even reverted to the previous book I had been reading.

Hard to believe, though, that just having FBReader and an 8 page file in XJournal open should be too much for the Irex.
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 06:01 AM   #3
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Did you check the SD-card. If the DR is not able to write on it because it is corrupt, you can get the behaviour that you describe.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:44 AM   #4
HansTWN
Wizard

The card works fine in my computer and my phone. I have also just reformatted it. You never know, but it seems unlikely that it is corrupt.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
Been there, seen that. Try a new SD card. I always keeps a spare if the card has a bad spot, the device is a pain to use.

td
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
The card works fine in my computer and my phone. I have also just reformatted it. You never know, but it seems unlikely that it is corrupt.
It could be that only one metadata.db file is corrupt or do you see the problem with documents in different directories? If in one then the metadata.db could be corrupt and causing the problems.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
I thought that once. If you look at the directory you probably will find a journal file, which is a sqlite transaction file. If the card is going bad, sqlite will not update the metadata.db file, causing all kinds of problems. I would delete the journal file and do a refresh on the metadata file with a pc copy of sqlite. It would work for a while and then happen again with a another subdirectory. A new SD card solved everything.
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdean256 View Post
I thought that once. If you look at the directory you probably will find a journal file, which is a sqlite transaction file. If the card is going bad, sqlite will not update the metadata.db file, causing all kinds of problems. I would delete the journal file and do a refresh on the metadata file with a pc copy of sqlite. It would work for a while and then happen again with a another subdirectory. A new SD card solved everything.
I will try a new card some time.