Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-31-2011, 05:45 AM   #196
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
Can you import multiple books into coolreader or just one at a time? I know it's eye candy but i really like the bookshelves! I was able to get alkido shelves easily. I think i can get moonreader but coolreader seems to use a file manager interface.

Where do i put books for kindle? They were in the right place before i upgraded with the rooted 1.1 update. Seems my sd card got messed up.

Thanks! I'm loving my rooted book color! Think i'll have to name it soon!
Their is no import function in coolreader but if you use fb2 format files it will show covers and info in browser instead of just filenames
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #197
mysweety
Connoisseur
mysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the rough

Device: Hanlin V3, PB360
I've now tried several readers on my 7" tablet. Moon+ and Cool 3 seem to perform better than the others on epubs. The big advantage is that you can put font files into a folder "Fonts" in the root of the card and these will be made available as a choice. Also both have very nice interfaces.
mysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #198
Azhad
Azhad began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505, Milestone, Galaxy Tab
Just wanted to add that the paid version of moon+ reader has text to speech functionality.
Azhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #199
mysweety
Connoisseur
mysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the rough

Device: Hanlin V3, PB360
Yes -after trying quite a few moon+ at 2-3 pounds is a really great buy.
mysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #200
eAnagnostis
Enthusiast
eAnagnostis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Aldiko updated:

Aldiko app update (2.0.1) is now available on the Android market. Updates include:
-Improved library/store search
-Improved store layout
-Minor bug fixes
-Updated translations (Russian, Polish, German, Italian, Greek, Korean, Indonesian)

Do you know what "updated translations" stands for? They have translated the menu in these languages?
eAnagnostis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:31 AM   #201
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eAnagnostis View Post
Aldiko updated:

Aldiko app update (2.0.1) is now available on the Android market. Updates include:
-Improved store layout
-Minor bug fixes
-Updated translations (Russian, Polish, German, Italian, Greek, Korean, Indonesian)

Do you know what "updated translations" stands for? They have translated the menu in these languages?
Darn! Thought it would include highlights and annotations prior to looking at the version number.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:03 AM   #202
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Quote:
Originally Posted by eAnagnostis View Post
Aldiko updated:

-Improved store layout
-Minor bug fixes

I think it means that the "language volunteers" for the project have submitted corrections or added new languages available for the app's interface.

On another note, I hope to update this post again soon. I want to change all the links from androidzoom.com to the official Android Market pages, since Google decided to make a web version.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:30 AM   #203
eAnagnostis
Enthusiast
eAnagnostis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I have asked Aldiko on Facebook and they said that "updated translations" stands for new translations for the UI. And this is true. I checked the Greek translation over a Android phone and seems correct. I have also found that ePUBs in Greek without embedded fonts can also be read properly (that was an issue, because apps supporting Adobe DRM and usind Adobe Mobile Reader SDK have problems with Greek text).
eAnagnostis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #204
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I'm not sure if this should be a separate thread or not, but here goes. I just bought a book from B&N (The Lord of the Rings) to re-read, and it opens fine in the N4A app.

I prefer the Aldiko reader, so I downloaded the epub , tried to open it in Aldiko and got a username/password screen. I tried my email address and password login credentials on my Nook account, but no joy! Is there any way to get the required credentials from B&N?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #205
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I'm not sure if this should be a separate thread or not, but here goes. I just bought a book from B&N (The Lord of the Rings) to re-read, and it opens fine in the N4A app.

I prefer the Aldiko reader, so I downloaded the epub , tried to open it in Aldiko and got a username/password screen. I tried my email address and password login credentials on my Nook account, but no joy! Is there any way to get the required credentials from B&N?
You need to use the credit card number and full name that is tied to your B&N account.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #206
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I'll try that. Karma to you!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #207
wodin
Illiterate

Yup,
That worked. Sorry, it won't let me give you more karma.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #208
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Yup,
That worked. Sorry, it won't let me give you more karma.
I can fix that!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #209
SCION
Séduisant

I got it. Thanks to both of you.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:58 AM   #210
ChrisJakarta
ChrisJakarta began at the beginning.

Device: Centro, Galaxy S
Having just 'upgraded' from Palm Centro to the ranks of the Android users, with a Samsung Galaxy Ace, I'm finding myself rather disappointed with the ePub reader clients being offered. None of the four I have tried (Aldiko, Moon+, Cool Reader, Laputa) seem to conform to specs. Unless I'm doing something very wrong, seems like most don't even read the CSS; several can't format tables. Display of images is quite variable. Some can't follow links.

Would it be reasonable to ask providers to identify the elements of the ePub specification they conform to, together perhaps with their planned roadmap to achieve conformance. Or is the small-screen, keyless Android just too much for a challenge for ePub readers?

I must say I miss my Palm eReader client! Sadly the Android version is still missing many functions. I'd be prepared to pay for good Android eReader or ePub replacement...

Am I missing something?

Chris
ChrisJakarta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, android;ebooks, cliq, droid, nexus one