Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
funkigreendog
funkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
Which reader is this?

I'm guessing this is some generic device:

http://www.anydigital.com.au/product...%252d-2GB.html

Can anyone name it, and advise if this price is reasonable?
funkigreendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I forget who the OEM is, but I have seen that model before. Those 2 spots on the back are page turn buttons.

Compared to the other 6" e-readers on the market that price is decent. But I'm not sure I would get it because I don't know how good the hardware or software really is. This kind of thing is a crap shoot.

What's the return policy?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
funkigreendog
funkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of lightfunkigreendog is a glorious beacon of light

"All products are covered by 12 Month AnyDigital Online warranty! Please see our Warranty section for full details. "

No idea if that's worth anything though. Would this be comparable to the original bebook 6" reader?
funkigreendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:36 AM   #4
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
They don't mention DRM support. Which probably means they don't support it.

I get the impression that most of these 'unknown brands' are put on the market by companies who try to get a share in this lucrative, growing market, but have no clue what e-reading is about. This might be one of those, so be careful.

The hardware specifications are OK, but that does not necessarily mean that the software will actually enable you to read a book.

BTW, the original Bebook 6" looks completely different.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
I've seen a device, called Oaxis, which is very similar to that one, the d-pad/joystick is a little different.

Its very light compared to my boox 60.
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
Chris Gray
Chris Gray began at the beginning.

Thought I'd shed some light on the W960: I bought one a few weeks back and returned it five days later. I've blogged about the experience so people can get a better idea of what the reader is like.

I really liked the look and feel of it, but the software and awful battery life ruined it, amongst other things.
Chris Gray is offline   Reply With Quote