Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
How many kindle books have you bought?

I have bought 19 books so far on my Kindle. I got it in Nov or Dec 2007. So that is about 1.3 books per month.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
I got mine in January 2008. So far have read 62 books, and have six more samples on the device.

The samples are one of the many great things about the K. and I always buy them to try. Only a very few times have I decided not to buy one of them, but it still is a big help to be able to preview them.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I"ve only bought 34 books since June......but I have over 240 on my Kindle.

Thanks to mobileread and some other sites, my reading/collecting passion is well served.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I got my Kindle in Sept of 2008 and have purchased 61 books for it. That's roughly 12 per month. That's almost as many as I bought at the Sony connect store in close to 2 years, of course that's because Amazon has a lot more ebooks that I want to buy than Sony did. I think that I'm up to close to 700 purchased ebooks now, mostly from Baen books.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I've "bought" 85 books from Amazon.com, though 36 of those were free books. Of these books, 10 were books that I had already read in paper format and I've read 32 others so far.

From Baen, I downloaded all of the free books, and have read 6 of them. I've purchased 26 books (two of the monthly Webscription bundles, the Jerry Pournell bundle, and some miscellaneous titles) and have read 8 of them.

From Fictionwise, I've purchased 11 books and have read 5 of them.

We won't even discuss the books I've downloaded from MobileRead, Feedbooks, Manybooks, and Munseys.

There's not enough time in the day/week/month!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
LauretteBradley
Enthusiast
LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle reader on iPad and iPhone
I've got about 30 books and I got my Kindle in Dec 2007. Like KlondikeGeoff I too love the ability to sample a book. Also, I get occasional editions of newspapers and magazines, but so far I am not a subscriber to any.
LauretteBradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:49 PM   #7
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
I've bought 50 books in 5 months.
- About a dozen were free.
- About a dozen were less than $5

The remaining 1/2 were newer books that I would've purchased in a bookstore if I didn't own a Kindle.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:31 AM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I've bought about 100 books in the last six months or so, but 37 of them were Discworld books.

I've probably gotten another 20 or so from Amazon that were free, and maybe another 100 from other sites. Something like 50 from here.

I think there are about 300 books on my Kindle at the moment.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Well this made me actually look. I've bought 47 since November 2007, which is a lot more than I thought. Most were book I would have bought anyway but there were about 10 that I have no idea why I bought.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have 25 books in my Kindle media library... but I only paid for four of them... and one was the $1 Orbit book special.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
None. Amazon won't sell ebooks to me, because I don't have a Kindle and I live in the UK. :-(
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:16 AM   #12
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
None so far. I plan to pick up a Kindle soon.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 AM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
None. Amazon won't sell ebooks to me, because I don't have a Kindle and I live in the UK. :-(
You need to talk with pilotbob. Apparently, there are ways around this.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #14
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Desertgrandma, glad to see you realize reading books and collecting books are two different things!

I got my kindle mid-nov last year, and I have 55 books from Amazon - but I think I got 15of them free. So I bought 40 books from Amazon (a lot at $1 - $2) and a couple elsewhere. I have downloaded a lot of free books - I have 121 books on my kindle, and 79 samples. But I think I will delete the samples and concentrate on the 121 books. I can't afford another 79 books!

This is why we need folders! I have romance, history, baseball, classics, mystery, political, all jumbled together. I have to page through to remember what I have in each category. Since one of the selling points of having a kindle is taking your library with you, you have to be able to organize your library! Mine at home is organized according to subject, and then either chronologically or alphabetically.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote