Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #31
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjones View Post
I didn't include my email address because I was more interested telling the publishers what I want than I was in a $250 prize.

Dude! Don'tcha know, it's all about the money!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #32
kwjones
Groupie
kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Motorola Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Dude! Don'tcha know, it's all about the money!
For the publishers it is.
kwjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #33
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hey, I ain't too proud to not take that money. I would have filled it out regardless, but heck, that can buy me a lot of romance novels
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #34
nothatkind
nothatkind is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
Done. Totally forgot to mention geographic restrictions though, so I'm mentioning them here.
I did it... TWICE (forgive me, I know I'm shouting)... It's so, so... unright!!!
In that question about what would reduce my downloading ebooks I don't pay... they should add this option:
- If there were not geographic restrictions...
nothatkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #35
Croptop
Zealot
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 5
Added my 2 cents to the survey. Here's hoping the publishers will actually listen. Of course, the cynic in me expects that they won't.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #36
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothatkind View Post
I did it... TWICE (forgive me, I know I'm shouting)... It's so, so... unright!!!
In that question about what would reduce my downloading ebooks I don't pay... they should add this option:
- If there were not geographic restrictions...

Thanks, then one of them was for me! I can't believe I didn't remember to complain about them
Geographic restrictions make no sense in the age of the internet. At all.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #37
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
I forgot to mention geographic restrictions too, but the cost + drm + quality + lack of books as ebooks to begin with were at the front of my mind.

Geographic restrictions are annoying, but I can also see why companies are having such a bad time getting over them. In time I think those will be solved though with publishers/retailers asking for world wide distribution rights. I hope so anyway.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #38
Pardoz
Which side are you on?
Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2 Int'l
I covered geo-restrictions as a subset of 'If the damn book were commercially available in the first place.' in comments.
Pardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #39
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #40
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Filled out the form/survey. Wrote a bunch of notes about DRM, business models, and the like. Lectured them a bit on "business 101" -- please PLEASE pass that on to the publishers.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #41
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
You have my 2 cents worth! Good luck with your presentation!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #42
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
The response has been tremendous. Already we have over 1000 entries. Thank you!
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #43
mcl
Connoisseur
mcl will become famous soon enoughmcl will become famous soon enoughmcl will become famous soon enoughmcl will become famous soon enoughmcl will become famous soon enoughmcl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle K2i
I'm going to go way out on a limb here, and guess that the vast majority weren't speaking particularly favorably about publishers or pricing.
mcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #44
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane View Post
Hi all! Jane from Dear Author here. Mobile Read said it was okay for me to post this here.

Survey link here
If you've got a Dreamwidth account, you're welcome to post an announcement/link at the ebooks community. If not, I'll be happy to post it for you this evening. (I don't have access during the workday.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #45
nothatkind
nothatkind is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1
I've posted this (and the link, of course) in an italian forum... Hope there's a lot a "recommendations" for publishers... :-)
nothatkind is offline   Reply With Quote