Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Is there a way to merge lrf files?

I have a pile of lrf files that I would like to make into one big file, due to the lack of folders on the Reader. Is there a way to put all of these files into one large file, with an internal table of contents, that does not entail converting them out of lrf format?
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes but not an easy way.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yes but not an easy way.
How can one merge LRF?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:58 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The only way I know of to merge LRF files is to convert them to LRS, merge the files in a text editor (removing the duplicate parts) and then reconvert them to LRF. Not a task for the faint hearted.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:00 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
The only way I know of to merge LRF files is to convert them to LRS, merge the files in a text editor (removing the duplicate parts) and then reconvert them to LRF. Not a task for the faint hearted.
That would be a difficult task. Especially to make proper ToC.
Advert
Old 09-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
I have a pile of lrf files that I would like to make into one big file, due to the lack of folders on the Reader. Is there a way to put all of these files into one large file, with an internal table of contents, that does not entail converting them out of lrf format?
have you tried using Collections? While not perfect, they do work pretty well.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:04 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Convert to LRS and merge the contents of all the main elements, making sure that you keep all objid attributes unique.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:00 AM   #8
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a pile of cbr (cbz) files I converted to lrf. Since they are image files, I could not use a text editor.
(I probably should have mentioned that in the first place. )
Old 09-24-2007, 09:32 AM   #9
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
I have a pile of cbr (cbz) files I converted to lrf. Since they are image files, I could not use a text editor.
(I probably should have mentioned that in the first place. )
Use pdflrf. It also works on CBZ files. I have converted many of them so far.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:22 AM   #10
Tom Swift
Addict

I tried the program. It is very fast but it makes the page too big. One page of comic takes 1.3 pages, with the remainder of the second page blank. I tried the comic-portrait and crop page option but it still looks the same. How do you set it up for comics?

Also, how do you select more than one file to convert? It only seems to select one file at a time, which results in my initial problem, too many files.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:26 AM   #11
Tom Swift
Addict

I just tried it on a different CBZ file and it converted with the same problem, but this time it just put the next page right under the first and the pages were all out of order.

I used comiclrf to convert the original files and it worked great. Slower than this program, but no errors. I just need to merge some of these lrf output files into one large file.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:43 AM   #12
cacapee
Connoisseur
cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.

Device: prs-500
If you want to fit one page of a comic to one page in the reader, unselect runpages and split pages.
cacapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #13
Tom Swift
Addict

I tried that and it worked, but the page does not fit exactly, leaving a white band on the right. I guess it is preserving the aspect ratio, which is nice, but it shrinks the page. If the page was centered (white bands on both sides) it would look better. Also, it is putting page 11 first, then page 1 after page 21, although the actual images are labelled "comic001-00.jpg" , "comic-001-01.jpg" and so on. CDisplay shows the comic fine and comiclrf converts it properly. Also, still no idea on merging multiple files into one large file.

Last edited by Tom Swift; 09-24-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #14
cacapee
Connoisseur
cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.

Device: prs-500
OK, centering the page and sorting the files page number are things pdflrf does not do yet
cacapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:13 PM   #15
Tom Swift
Addict

Thanks.