Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
rmt
rmt began at the beginning.

Kindle DXG Font Hack Help

I saw a Kobo reader in Borders the other day and it was a revelation: with a little attention to typeface and line spacing (leading) the e-ink experience could really approximate a book. It was vastly superior to the Kindle 3 and DXG with the older e-ink screen. I've been very disappointed with the kindle default font. I've tried the default font hack for the DXG and was underwhelmed. I suspect with locating a truetype font I like (Garamond? Baskerville?) and modifying the font height, I could make the DXG pretty closely simulate the nice typography of the Kobo. Can someone please point me to a good source of traditional serif book fonts and what (preferably cheap) software is required to modify them to correct the default line spacing on the DXG?

Thanks
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote