Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 02:16 AM   #16
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
Librisnova (http://www.elektronischlezen.nl/ http://elektronischlesen.de/) sells it for €299, but is out of stock at the moment.
http://www.ebookreaderstore.nl had it for €299 this morning, as long as it was available, it said (op=op). But now they have it for €329. They brag about lowest price, but don't live up to it. Earlier they spoke about a lowest price guarantee, and on one site (marktplaats.nl) they even said that if you found it at a lower price they would match that and even give you €10 discount on that price. But as soon as I mailed the price of Librisnova they tried to discredit Librisnova and changed the part about the price guarantee. So much for living up to your promises.
They also have an international (English) site http://www.ebookreaderdiscounter.com/ and a German one at http://www.ebookreaderstore.de/ and they have the price of €349.
On the international site the price of the Onyx Boox 60 S is €259, but on the Ducth site it is €279. Quite confusing I would say. Even more confusing: They have an ad on the site http://www.ereaderclub.nl/ which refers to www.ebookreaderstore.nl and mentions the €299 price but if you click on it you get the €329 price. All this makes me reluctant to do business with them.
There is another site http://www.studon.nl (a small publisher) that also sells it for €299.
Very confusing as ebookreaderdiscounter = ebookreaderstore. Both you can pay with ideal, both you can send to the Netherlands... Why the €20 difference???

(oh and Studon sells the wifi variety for 299)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:31 AM   #17
kibje
from BooxUsers
kibje began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Librisnova (http://www.elektronischlezen.nl/ [url]There is another site http://www.studon.nl (a small publisher) that also sells it for €299.
Studon is actually selling it via LibrisNova. I ordered my Onyx Boox 60 at Studon and there was documentation from LibrisNova contained in the package.
kibje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:10 AM   #18
bremler
Enthusiast
bremler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
ok I want this! Never wanted wi-fi. What are the options for Aussies?
bremler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:40 AM   #19
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibje View Post
Studon is actually selling it via LibrisNova. I ordered my Onyx Boox 60 at Studon and there was documentation from LibrisNova contained in the package.
I already thought that but I couldn't find an official confirmation.
I wonder when other shops will also offer the S version.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #20
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Just so you guys know, the 60S is not just without the WiFi, it is without the touchscreen as well.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #21
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Quote:
They have an ad on the site http://www.ereaderclub.nl/ which refers to www.ebookreaderstore.nl and mentions the €299 price but if you click on it you get the €329 price.
They have now changed the ad to reflect the €329 price. I think they should pay me a consultancy fee.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #22
pietvo
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOnyx View Post
Just so you guys know, the 60S is not just without the WiFi, it is without the touchscreen as well.
Are you sure? ebookreaderdiscounter/ebookreaderstore sells it as having the Wacom screen. Does that mean that they don't know what they are selling? AFAIK, at the moment they are the only store offering the 60S.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #23
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Are you sure? ebookreaderdiscounter/ebookreaderstore sells it as having the Wacom screen. Does that mean that they don't know what they are selling? AFAIK, at the moment they are the only store offering the 60S.
I've checked with corporate. According to them, the 60 S does not have WiFi nor Wacom touchscreen. Unless they have another type deal that I don't know of.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:07 AM   #24
pikoman
Enthusiast
pikoman began at the beginning.

Device: prs505, prs700, iriver story
In Spain is selling Boox S with no wofi and no touch screen
pikoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:08 AM   #25
pikoman
Enthusiast
pikoman began at the beginning.

Device: prs505, prs700, iriver story
In Spain is selling Boox S with no wifi and no touch screen
pikoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:19 AM   #26
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
I've checked with corporate. According to them, the 60 S does not have WiFi nor Wacom touchscreen. Unless they have another type deal that I don't know of.
Hmm, weird, as they specifically mention that the only difference is the lack of wifi.
Quote:
The only difference compared to the Boox 60 is that the Boox 60 S doesn't has Wi-Fi, which saves you 90 euro! So if you don’t need Wi-Fi, the Boox 60 S is perfect for you!

Also:

Quote:
What's in the box? :

* Onyx Boox ereader
* Wacom stylus
* Mini-usb cable
* Leather cover
* Quick-start Guide
(emphasis my own)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:23 AM   #27
t-town
Connoisseur
t-town began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
mm, I think they're coming with new models; ereaderstore.nl says "The onyx boox isn't available anymore" this is model nmbr. ON600-SW-WT
t-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:09 AM   #28
pietvo
Reader

Also on Specifications the shop says:
Quote:
Touchscreen: Yes, Wacom™ Touch Screen with Wacom™ enabled Stylus
If the thing doesn't have Touch then that is very bad practice.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:23 AM   #29
Sam I Am
Sam I Am began at the beginning.

Device: Leaning toward Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Quote:
O.H. had ordered 60S from there before Mike's post. They have confirmed it does not have Touchscreen and are cancelling and refunding order as requested. Website still says Touchscreen though, hopefully they will update it soon.

Thank you Mike for that invaluable information.
Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #30
pietvo
Reader

Just another reason not to buy from them. Hopefully other shops will carry it soon.

Tags
basic ereader, boox, cheap ereader, cheap onyx boox, onyx, onyx boox 60 s, onyx boox s