Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #2551
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Fortunately this chicken can hold his Guinness just fine! No cooking pot finale for me!
Are you sure?

*Solitaire1 fills a cooking pot with Guinness.*

PooooooohBeeeeeear, there's large amount of Guinness in the pot. Doesn't it look tempting...doesn't it look wonderful...doesn't it look delicious? Don't worry, it's safe. I made a trip to KFC so I've full right now. There's so much Guinness that you'll be relaxed. You'll look like this after drinking it:

Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:37 PM   #2552
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
*chicken puts on swimming trunks & dives into the pot*

*chicken inflates raft*

Ahh .... what a life ... paddling about in a sea of Guinness .... paradise!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #2553
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Being a metal chicken, wouldn't you sink to the bottom of the pot?
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #2554
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
It was kind of obvios.

(argh!. loopy in the doctors office aboout to get wisdom teeth removednhorible time to try thinking.
Sigh.

Didn't catch all of them. I was high on loopy drugs when I typed that. I'm really bad about needles. One time getting some cavities drilled they tried putting me in a straightjacket to keep me still, after the usual Novocain and stuff, but they still ended up having to put me out. Apparently, needles turn me into an escape artist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
That would do it
It was kind of obvious.

Last edited by eschwartz; 11-29-2014 at 09:42 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #2555
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Being a metal chicken, wouldn't you sink to the bottom of the pot?
Being a metal chicken, isn't that what the life raft is for?

What is with all this negative feelings for your fellow fowl? First you had your hopes up thinking the Guiness would inflame the fire on an unsuspecting poohbear, now you think he should drown because he's made of Heavy Metal...

One begins to wonder whose side you are on. And when your fellow conspirators will give up on poohbear and eat you.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #2556
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
If they like their bird very, very, very, very well done they are welcome to try.

Pooh has a tendency to get himself into situations...I am simply trying to be the voice of caution in his head. Not an easy job.

My thinking was: wouldn't it be better to inflate the raft first, then get into the pot? Rather than get into the pot, sink to the bottom and inflate the raft which is now floating at the surface while a metal chicken sits at the bottom.

Of course, knowing Pooh, this would force him to drink his way out...so that was probably his plan all along.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #2557
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

*glug* *glug* *slurp* *glug* *slurp* *glug*
Old 08-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #2558
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

And now that I think about it, do metal chickens even need to breathe? Oxygen is needed for all sorts of organic reasons, but metal isn't organic and is probably good with basic circuitry. I do hope he is waterproof, though. (I assume he wouldn't go in, with or without a raft, if he wasn't.)

And on that note, how difficult is it to cook him, and who really enjoys eating a bunch of metal and wiring???

I kinda do admire this bit of evolution, actually.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #2559
poohbear_nc
Now what?

*glug* *glug* *slurp* *glug* *slurp* *glug*

Anyone got some nachos?
Old 08-08-2014, 11:26 AM   #2560
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
If they like their bird very, very, very, very well done they are welcome to try.

Pooh has a tendency to get himself into situations...I am simply trying to be the voice of caution in his head. Not an easy job.

My thinking was: wouldn't it be better to inflate the raft first, then get into the pot? Rather than get into the pot, sink to the bottom and inflate the raft which is now floating at the surface while a metal chicken sits at the bottom.

Of course, knowing Pooh, this would force him to drink his way out...so that was probably his plan all along.
I think this is the end result of PoohBear's consumption of that much Guinness:

Old 08-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #2561
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
And now that I think about it, do metal chickens even need to breathe? Oxygen is needed for all sorts of organic reasons, but metal isn't organic and is probably good with basic circuitry. I do hope he is waterproof, though. (I assume he wouldn't go in, with or without a raft, if he wasn't.)

And on that note, how difficult is it to cook him, and who really enjoys eating a bunch of metal and wiring???

I kinda do admire this bit of evolution, actually.
PoohBear isn't all metal, he's a cyborg chicken. Despite all of the metal, there's still plenty of meat on that chicken...tasty meat...delicious meat...
Old 08-08-2014, 11:35 AM   #2562
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
All potentially cooked with just a bit of bad wiring. That wouldn't happen would it?
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #2563
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard

Oh no! I'd never consider that.

*Solitaire1 tosses the book "Cyborg Electrical Engineering For Beginners" out of the thread.*
Old 08-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #2564
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
Oh no! I'd never consider that.

*Solitaire1 tosses the book "Cyborg Electrical Engineering For Beginners" out of the thread.*
Thanks! I'd been looking everywhere for that!

Hey, poohbear! I got it back!

See you in the lab around 3:00?
Old 08-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #2565
poohbear_nc
Now what?

*hic* OK ... I could use a good tune up ... some of my joints are sticking a bit ... *hic*

Are you bringing more Guinness?

Tags
11 herbs and spices, cajun spiced aprilhare, canibal penguins rule, cluck, kentucky fried poohbear, kfc on the house!!, ready roasted red phoenix, time to eat chicken!