Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2015, 11:48 AM   #1441
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
Has this 'only option' changed recently?
No .
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:08 PM   #1442
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
No .
Can I have a link to the best/only-option/most-recent-version that can be handled by DXG please? Thanks.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2015, 08:16 PM   #1443
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Can I have a link to the best/only-option/most-recent-version that can be handled by DXG please? Thanks.
sure:
Quote:
  • For Kindle DX and Kindle DXG users: to install Duokan(2011_05_20) see this post
Old 08-19-2015, 09:09 PM   #1444
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
sure:
Tesekurler Wow 2011!!!
What if you have DXG with v3.4.2? Anyone had success installing Duokan?

I remember on my previous Kindles, I had Duokan (201? not 2011) and every now and then there was an update which was nice. Is this true with this version?

Last edited by thatworkshop; 08-19-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:29 AM   #1445
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Tesekurler

Quote:
on my previous Kindles, I had Duokan (201? not 2011) and every now and then there was an update which was nice. Is this true with this version?
Probably there will be no additinal update for this version anymore. But it may not need one also.
Advert
Old 08-20-2015, 03:51 AM   #1446
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
idoit, you will not find many people here willing to help you with Duokan because they have a long history of stealing the work done by the development community on this site and re-using it without credit. They do not "play the game".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:51 AM   #1447
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
idoit, you will not find many people here willing to help you with Duokan because they have a long history of stealing the work done by the development community on this site and re-using it without credit. They do not "play the game".
Oh really?!!! That's just so bad... I won't use it then. Where is my Trash... dump dump...
Old 09-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #1448
micione20
Enthusiast
micione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo
Can pw3 have duokam?
micione20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #1449
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Not until someone here develops a new closed-Kindle jailbreak for the Duokan project to steal.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:20 PM   #1450
micione20
Enthusiast
micione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

what a shame.
i have a very old k3, with duokan.

and i would like to upgrade di PW3 with 300dpi and light, but i want to use epub (i know calibre) and i love margins and other reading option offered by Duokan.
should i renounce them?

(is kobo glo hd better?)
Old 09-02-2015, 05:00 PM   #1451
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by micione20 View Post
what a shame.

and i would like to upgrade di PW3 with 300dpi and light, but i want to use epub (i know calibre) and i love margins and other reading option offered by Duokan.
should i renounce them?
NO.
You should install KOReader and renounce Duokan.

Just jail break your PW-3 over the serial port.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #1452
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Not until someone here develops a new closed-Kindle jailbreak for the Duokan project to steal.
You nailed it... Nailed it nicely.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:26 PM   #1453
micione20
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
NO.

i would love install ko reader,but
unfortunately im not so good with hardware... trying to open it im sure i could damage it

any hope to jailbreak viaa software? as on old k3?
Old 09-02-2015, 06:26 PM   #1454
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
what a shame.

should i renounce them?

(is kobo glo hd better?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
NO.

As knc1 said (but with a little more detail...)

The Duokan project doesn't play nice with the work of others. Either use their one-click package, or go away.

Assuming you can follow directions carefully, you can open your Kindle and jailbreak over the serial port -- see the sticky thread in this subforum.
Then install KOReader.

Our (MobileRead community) hacks are modular -- they outsource to the canonical jailbreak instead of trying to do it all themselves... the canonical jailbreak offers an "Advanced Mode"... therefore all our hacks continue working on any firmware, as long as you get over the jailbreak hurdle.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:34 PM   #1455
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
i would love install ko reader,but
unfortunately im not so good with hardware... trying to open it im sure i could damage it
The faceplate is attached with a "re-usable" glue.
Fairly easy to remove (some heat helps) and sticks back down nicely.
Lots of detailed teardown threads/posts on this site.

And I am working on a detailed thread/set of posts - showing how to make the connections without using hot solder.
Quote:
any hope to jailbreak viaa software? as on old k3?
Slim to none.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf