Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #691
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
So.

After I contacted BN just after the first of the year and was told I'd get my code shortly, and then didn't get it, I simply gave up, not willing to devote any more effort to the whole fiasco. But now, suddenly, here comes an e-mail from BN telling me that my transfer has been completed! So I scurry over to the BN site, log in, and find ... nothing has been transferred. Not a single Fictionwise title has been added. I spot-checked a few FW titles against the list of nontransferable titles, and none of them appear on it, so they SHOULD have transferred. I e-mailed BN, because they've gotten me all annoyed again after I'd washed my hands of the whole thing.

Could someone who had titles transferred to an existing account tell me if they're added to the top as "most recent," as opposed to being integrated according to the FW purchase date?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #692
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Just as an update, The Lord of the Rings just appeared in my account the other day. Looks like they're finally fixing the Two Towers debacle.
That's interesting. My nook account still shows (& downloads) The Two Towers.

It really does look like they're doing a lot of this 'manually' in some way, as otherwise I would have expected all the updates to happen at the same time.

Given B&N's losses, I am making a backup of the books in my nook account. I am having to manually download my titles by clicking on them one at a time(yes, really!). 380/1414 done so far...
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #693
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Could someone who had titles transferred to an existing account tell me if they're added to the top as "most recent," as opposed to being integrated according to the FW purchase date?
Yes, they'll be shown as "most recent".
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #694
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Given B&N's losses, I am making a backup of the books in my nook account. I am having to manually download my titles by clicking on them one at a time(yes, really!). 380/1414 done so far...
Can you get the Nook for PC app? I use that to get my Nook books onto my PC.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #695
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
That's how I downloaded my FW transfers.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #696
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Now there's a good idea. I wish I'd thought of that! I'll have a go tomorrow. (I've been working with the rather dreadful and unsupported nook for Mac application.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #697
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Nothing ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #698
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I actually got an email today telling me my transfer was finally complete. I have 178 books. I think that's a couple more than I had so need to do a tick back.

Last edited by Josieb1; 03-04-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #699
gstew
gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: HTC HD2 & One X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I actually got an email today telling me my transfer was finally complete. I have 178 books. I think that's a couple more than I had so need to do a tick back.
I got an email today too... below:

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for writing to us about the transfer of your Fictionwise/eReader library to your NOOK library.

We?re happy to let you know that we have completed the transfer of all of your eligible eBook titles to your NOOK library. Just access your NOOK Library on your device or on your personal computer, you?ll see all of the titles available for you to download and read.

Please remember that not all titles are eligible for transfer, so we have included a link for you to see the list of these excluded titles:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/contai...u5RjExl4/Q&cm_

We invite you to browse our wide selection of NOOK Books, NOOK newsstand, movies and more, so visit us here to add to your Library:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook/

Happy Reading!

Barnes & Noble"

Me, I will continue to buy from them... but also continue to back up and liberate my books as I do.

Greg in Mississippi
gstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #700
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstew View Post

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for writing to us about the transfer of your Fictionwise/eReader library to your NOOK library.
The normal response to emailed inquiries is/used to be "call the support line". What was the history of your correspondence, if you don't mind my asking? I might have to shoot them another email if they're responding to them.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #701
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstew View Post

"Dear Valued Customer,

We?re happy to let you know that we have completed the transfer of all of your eligible eBook titles to your NOOK library. Just access your NOOK Library on your device or on your personal computer, you?ll see all of the titles available for you to download and read.

Please remember that not all titles are eligible for transfer, so we have included a link for you to see the list of these excluded titles:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/contai...u5RjExl4/Q&cm_

We invite you to browse our wide selection of NOOK Books, NOOK newsstand, movies and more, so visit us here to add to your Library:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook/

Happy Reading!

Barnes & Noble"

Me, I will continue to buy from them... but also continue to back up and liberate my books as I do.

Greg in Mississippi
And were the books actually transferred?

That is the same e-mail I got the other day, but in reality no FW books have shown up in my BN account.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #702
gstew
gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: HTC HD2 & One X
I had a small number of books (30?) transferred day 1, a bunch more (770?) around the end of the year, and the last ones (50?) in early Feb.

Since day 1, I sent many (20+) customer support requests to B&N, F-Wise, & Ereader and made multiple calls to support. but I think the calls to cust support broke the logjam for the last few books... my last support call was with someone who seemed to know a bit about the process and could respond with useful info.

See some details in a back post here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=629

Greg in Mississippi

Last edited by gstew; 03-05-2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Add transferred item count estimates
gstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #703
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
The normal response to emailed inquiries is/used to be "call the support line". What was the history of your correspondence, if you don't mind my asking? I might have to shoot them another email if they're responding to them.
I contacted both Fictionwise (by email) and Nook UK (by live chat) so tbh I can't be sure exactly what method solicited the email, sorry.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:17 AM   #704
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
That's interesting. My nook account still shows (& downloads) The Two Towers.
So does mine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:44 AM   #705
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Interestingly my Nook UK account is going backwards. I was showing 3 Public Domain titles added by B&N I guess, and none of my Fictionwise titles. Two of these have now vanished, leaving me with just Little Women. I wonder if when that disappears my Fictionwise titles will appear. Email queries to B&N are of course ignored.
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote