Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 03:11 AM   #16
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
harryE - my research may have been flawed, but all I could find suggested drm removal from azw books (Amazon's main format) does not work through Kindle for Mac.

I'm sure others will correct me if I am out of date.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:59 AM   #17
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
WH smiths is the cheapest now and probably has the best range. Kobo have reduced their prices inline to those of WH Smiths but their range of books isn't that big.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #18
Cyclops
Only need one eye to read
Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C, Sony PRS-300, Nintendo DSi XL,
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
WH smiths is the cheapest now and probably has the best range. Kobo have reduced their prices inline to those of WH Smiths but their range of books isn't that big.
Quite ironic that, as, going by our branch in the town, Smith's is the last place I'd go if looking for real books!
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #19
harryE123
Banned
harryE123 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
harryE - my research may have been flawed, but all I could find suggested drm removal from azw books (Amazon's main format) does not work through Kindle for Mac.

I'm sure others will correct me if I am out of date.
oops, might have to dig in parallels then unfortunately, thanks for letting me know.
harryE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #20
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I have a Kindle 3 -- really like the bookstore, the device, the whole experience.

But I also have a Kobo -- very straight-forward reader and handles native ePub with and without DRM. There are some titles kobobooks has that amazon doesn't. AND, the Kobo handles library books.

I can get one of each for about what a single Kindle 2 cost in June. The savings from e-books, which are generally well below p-books at a bricks and mortar store, pay for the devices in relatively short time period.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert