Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
zube
zube began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Post Creating Columns to Show if Epub file exists.

I have had a Hard Disk problem and have been trying to rebuild my library in Calibre. calibre shows a list of books i had but many of those books are not actually on the hard disk.

How can i create a custom column to automatically show if the file is present?
zube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Have you tried running Library Maintenance/Check Library and Library Maintenance/Restore Database to produce a Library that matches what is on the disk ?

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Have you tried running Library Maintenance/Check Library and Library Maintenance/Restore Database to produce a Library that matches what is on the disk ?

BobC
Restoring makes it look like what YOU HAVE.

Checking for Errors may leave 'Empty Books' . This updates the DB, where the other remakes a new DB.

Which can then be located with a search: formats:false
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
zube
zube began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Restoring makes it look like what YOU HAVE.

Checking for Errors may leave 'Empty Books' . This updates the DB, where the other remakes a new DB.

Which can then be located with a search: formats:false
I was a bit scared to run the restore and check process because i didnt want to delete the ebook entries in calibre for the missing books. I basically just want to know what is missing from the disc that i should have.... then i can focus on looking for the missing files in the hope i have them somewhere.

I was not clear what you meant by "Empty Books" theducks but that does sound like what i am after.... so will give it a try with fingers crossed.... thanks

i guess this means that there is no way to create a yes/no column that tells you if the file is actually present?
zube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by zube View Post
I was a bit scared to run the restore and check process because i didnt want to delete the ebook entries in calibre for the missing books. I basically just want to know what is missing from the disc that i should have.... then i can focus on looking for the missing files in the hope i have them somewhere.

I was not clear what you meant by "Empty Books" theducks but that does sound like what i am after.... so will give it a try with fingers crossed.... thanks

i guess this means that there is no way to create a yes/no column that tells you if the file is actually present?
Empty book is a book without any (calibre recognized) formats (some people stash audio books in those 'empty folders' )

Backup the existing Library folder as a safety measure.

The perform both parts of the Library maintenance:Check (the second part is what does the file checks): the use Fix Marked (missing)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert