Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
MrZaphod
MrZaphod began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
New m92 from onyx-boox.com - loading bar then nothing.

Hi,

I brought a Onyx Boox m92 from onyx-boox.com and I switched it on and the progress bar at the bottom goes along and then nothing happens.

Here is a youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_PrAnwbUGk

Having spoken to the support people they said it needed to be charged - so I charged the device overnight (using a standard 5V 1A usb adaptor) and now I get the same issue.

I was wondering if anyone on the forums has experienced these issues and can offer any advice?

Is there a way to factory reset the device?

Should I try and flash the firmware available at:

https://www.onyx-boox.com/onyx-boox-...x-m92-firmware ?

I hope someone can help.

Thanks, Brian
MrZaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:39 AM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi,
the problem of your device is definitely not in discharged battery. Something wrong is in the system memory. If your device would be not from Artatech (onyx-boox.com) your could use our recovery firmware to format system memory. I suggest you to keep contacting the support of Artatech - they can recover your device by warranty (using MGF tools f.e.)
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
MrZaphod
MrZaphod began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
the problem of your device is definitely not in discharged battery. Something wrong is in the system memory. If your device would be not from Artatech (onyx-boox.com) your could use our recovery firmware to format system memory. I suggest you to keep contacting the support of Artatech - they can recover your device by warranty (using MGF tools f.e.)
Sigh! I hope I don't have to post it back... It took over a week to get to Australia.
MrZaphod is offline   Reply With Quote