Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #1201
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I guess, it will be in the next release of firmware. I do not know when. But there is no need to wait. Two patches make M92 much better tool.

Bookmarks, annotations, etc. are stored in SQL database, I think.

Lots of info is here:
wiki Boox M92
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:34 AM   #1202
edmond
Enthusiast
edmond began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox C65 AG
Ok, maybe I will go for the patches.

But before I need to know one thing: I have just bought my M92 from ereader and it has firmware 1.8.1 20121113.
According to the first message of this thread by booxtor, the latest firmware available at ereader is 1.8 20121113.

The fact that I have 1.8.1 instead of 1.8 means that my firmware is in some way already patched? Do I need to install both patches, only the last or none at all?

Thanks
edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 03:49 AM   #1203
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
It's seems that you have the last firmware.

You could easily know if your device is patched : test the setting of margin and compare with the last past and the Booxtor's video about this feature : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201643

But, I think that your device is not patched. The patch is a beta version. It will surprising for me.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #1204
edmond
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I guess, it will be in the next release of firmware. I do not know when. But there is no need to wait. Two patches make M92 much better tool.
I installed the patch: it is worth of.

Quote:
Bookmarks, annotations, etc. are stored in SQL database, I think.
I also think so. There is a reason behind my question: I have a lot of pdf which I consult quite often and they don't have an index. While I read them, I would like to construct some sort of index using bookmarks. Just the essentials: ToC, chapters and index. This, of course, requires time. If I am not sure the bookmarks don't get lost, ... well... I could save that time...

For this reason I would like to know it exactly, so that I can, maybe, even do backups of bookmarks! That would be fantastic.

One last question: unfortunately, I have some pdf which are the scan of two pages in a single landscape pdf page. Is there a smart way to cope with this, other than rotating the reader? I fear not, of course.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #1205
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
[QUOTE=edmond;2377541]I installed the patch: it is worth of.

Try followig way:
1. Crop your page with Universal Manual Settings in Page Setup
2. Zoom to appropriate level and select Paper mode in Reading menu
Now you are in Multi Column reading mode and can read your pages as if they were two columns
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #1206
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Booxstor's advice works fine. I've tested it on scanned car manual, few days ago.

Other solution would be to cut the double page doc into single page doc. There is sw for such pdf manipulation.

@Edmond
You may try it. SQL file for each document is stored in .onyx folder. The database file has the same name as document file (extension is different).

Make few annotations/bookmarks and then remove/rename the SQL file. If annotations/bookmarks disapear, they were in the file. If not, they are somewhere else.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:51 AM   #1207
renushan
Enthusiast
renushan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Hi Booxtor,

Can you please clarify a few doubts for me?

1. I've set PDF reader for EPUB reading. If I set CoolReader, the books do not appear in the Recent History.
2. There is no Glyph Embolden option in the PDF Reader for EPUB, and also no custom fonts.
3. Also, I have some custom backgrounds for the Scribble app, and when I've applied the new firmware, these are not visible. I've placed it in "notes-template" folder in SD card as usual.

Thanks,
RenuShan.
renushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #1208
Marcela K
Marcela K began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Hey there,
I just realized some problem when using the file-search-function (latest firmware): while the file-search works, the results don't show the file names. There are blank spaces instead and it only shows the file size. When selecting one file, it opens without problems, but before opening the file you don't know, what file it actually is... anyone experiencing the same problem?

Thanks
Marcela K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #1209
Mono
Mono

I confirm.
It showes the list with names, if show metadata is choosen. It showes empty spaces if show file name is choosen.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #1210
edmond
Enthusiast

@boxtor

Thank you: I have been able to apply the procedure you described.
I must say that it is not very clear to me the meaning of every option in the View menu but by trial and error I am figuring them out.

I have not been able to reproduce it also for djvus.
Due to lack of a "Paper mode", I guess.

@Mono
When I mount on my pc the reader the device relative to the internal memory of the M92, I can see only only the following dirs:

[~]$ ls -la /media/sde/
totale 16
drwx------ 2 4096 gen 10 08:44 .adobe-digital-editions/
drwx------ 5 4096 gen 9 22:21 .network_service_cache/
drwx------ 4 4096 gen 9 23:13 cr3/
drwx------ 10 4096 gen 11 08:21 dicts/

There is no .onyx folder: where is it?
Old 01-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #1211
Mono
Mono

I should have gone to a higher detail...

.Onyx folder is created in each folder in which you open a document. So, there is many .onyx folders, both inside M92 and SD card.

/MyDouments/article01.pdf
/MyDouments/.onyx/article01.pdf.sketch

And .onyx is hidden folder. The *.sketch is SQLite database file.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #1212
edmond
Enthusiast

Thank you for your explanation.

I have found the .onyx directory. The point is that it doesn't contain any *.sketch file.

It contains just one file:

[19:05:19 .onyx]$ ls -la
total 128
drwxr-xr-x 2 32768 jan11 12:41 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 32768 jan 10 08:42 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 35840 jan 11 12:41 .thumbs.db

Moreover, even if it is a "SQLite format 3" file, it has not been updated today, yet I just added some bookmarks to a file in the parent directory a few minutes ago.

Also, if I perform a "find . -cmin -60" in both directories regarding internal/sd memory, no file is found.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #1213
Mono
Mono

So I made a test and found that the *.sketch files in . onyx do not contain bookmarks.

In that case, they will be stored somewhere in system partition. I remember faintly, that someone made "research" where it is stored. I forgot who and the result. Actually I thought, that it was somewhere centrally and that it was moved to be stored locally. Seemengly I was wrong.

You could try to search this forum. It has been discussed more than half year ago.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #1214
Marcela K
Marcela K began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I confirm.
It showes the list with names, if show metadata is choosen. It showes empty spaces if show file name is choosen.
So probably a bug? It would be nice if this could be taken up into the corrections list.
Marcela K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #1215
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
By the way: Where did the glyph embolden function go in the new PDF reader?
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote