Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
cjottawa
Tempus fugit.
cjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Forum Images missing

Ugh.

I logged in to MobileRead this morning to find all of the images are missing.

I mean ALL: avatars, editing icons, smilies, EVERYTHING.

I can barely navigate.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I'd attach a screen capture but I can't get that working either.
I've tried Internet Explorer, FireFox and Chrome with the same result.
cjottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
No problems here with images.

Other than emptying your browser cache I don't know what to suggest, but since you've tried different browsers that wouldn't seem to be a solution.

There are settings in the user options to not display images, avatars or signatures, but that shouldn't effect buttons and smilies, etc.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
If your firewall is blocking 4dots.com you will lose images and more. See this old thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97590
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
cjottawa
Tempus fugit.
cjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Thanks guys. My company changed firewall software/hardware and it messed a lot of sites up. They've fixed it and we're in business again.
cjottawa is offline   Reply With Quote