Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 03:36 PM   #16
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
I guess once above links max out, you can use mine

http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTI5NTkzMjk when those above run out
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #17
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Darn guys, it was my idea and my thread. Anyone want to help me out? Here's my link

http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTMzNzQ2MjE5
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #18
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Darn guys, it was my idea and my thread. Anyone want to help me out? Here's my link

I'll use yours, Leep.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:40 PM   #19
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper_ View Post
I'll use yours, Leep.
Many thanks Piper. Let me know if you have any questions that I can help with about using Dropbox. I also really like it for just having things available on each of the computers that I use.

cheers
Old 09-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #20
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Can I use dropbox with my K2 ? I already have a dropbox account, since it proved useful for my iPad. I never thought about it for the K2!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #21
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

You tell 'em, Leep! Now.......everyone go hit HER link!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #22
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Many thanks Piper. Let me know if you have any questions that I can help with about using Dropbox. I also really like it for just having things available on each of the computers that I use.

cheers
Thank you for the recommendation.

I'm all set up, and it looks very straight-forward and easy to use. I can see lots of uses for it.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #23
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott h View Post
It's possible his link is now maxed out. Drop box has a limit to the amount of free space you can get from referrals.

Here is a link that works if his continues not to work. I don't want to take his idea, so use his first, but mine works right now if his doesn't.
Not sure why:

"So far you've earned 1GB of the 8 GB maximum bonus space possible from referrals."
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #24
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougef View Post
I clicked your link and got "invalid referral code".
Weird. Someone else, who didn't post here, clicked on my link after I posted it and I got a referral bonus. ETA: It looks like an extra % got put in the link somehow.

Here's the link copied directly from my Dropbox account:

http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEwNTA2MDEwOQ

Last edited by TomF; 09-30-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #25
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast

Quote:

I was kind of wondering why you posted the link to Dropbox without posting your referral link. And so I saw an opportunity! Looks like I only got one referral though, as it was returning "Invalid referral". But it's working now.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:43 PM   #26
Leep
Guru

K2

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Can I use dropbox with my K2 ? I already have a dropbox account, since it proved useful for my iPad. I never thought about it for the K2!
Good question. I don't have a K2, so cannot test it. Anyone want to try it and report back to us. Seems like it should since you can connect to the web page, but don't know if it will download the book. Incidentally, I've assumed that everyone knows the book must be undrm'd prc, mobi or azw format. PDF does not download, even though it's supposedly supported.

cheers
Old 09-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #27
karthwyne
Connoisseur
karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Wifi, Kindle US
It works for my K2US and my K3 with the calibre2opds.
karthwyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:25 AM   #28
jphphotography
Zealot
jphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle 3 6" 3G + wifi, Sony PRS-300, iTouch 4G, Galaxy S Vibrant
Glad I found this thread, I tried this earlier but it didn't work. I was using the direct link to each file though, I just tried it now by logging in via my kindle and it works. I wonder why that is the case?
jphphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #29
jer989
Enthusiast
jer989 doesn't litterjer989 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HD
for what it's worth - I've combined the use of a Windows batch file that I keep on my Kindle along with dropbox to make a very easy to use and quick and painless backup of all of the files on my Kindle. When I plug my Kindle in to my PC (by USB) all I have to do is double-click my batch file, and it automatically copies any and all new or changed files to my dropbox folder on my PC. It works great - I can post the batch file up here if anyone is interested.

(oh, and the now obligatory dropbox link - sorry , had to do it...

http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEwODMzMjIzOQ

jer989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:31 AM   #30
Mitch G
Connoisseur
Mitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Also I find clicking on events on the dropbox site (and bookmarking the events link) the easiest way to use dropbox with the kindle browser. (Note that my use case is that I'm grabbing the latest content I've dropped in dropbox.)

Mitch
Mitch G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, dropbox, kindle, share ebooks