Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #11731
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
A couple of weeks ago it was winter. Today we broke records for heat. We had maybe one week of Spring.
Blink and you miss Spring in the Carolinas! And Virginia apparently!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #11732
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK - it's officially summer:

1. I walked into my first spider web of the year this morning.
2. I saw my first spider at work.

3. I pulled out my Fiskars push reel mower (one of the best Amazon deals I ever bought) from its winter weather shroud, anointed it with WD-40 and shaved my lawn down from the jungle that had erupted last week.

4. And now I'm a bit heat sick and going to jump into a tepid shower.
Advert
Old 04-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #11733
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
The sky went dark very suddenly and it dropped almost 20 degrees in a couple of hours. We're due for rain.

The weather reports are still mixed for tomorrow. All call for a cooler day, but some are calling for rain. I'll be driving for about 9 hours, so I don't mind cooler, but I'd really rather not be doing all that highway driving in the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
3. I pulled out my Fiskars push reel mower (one of the best Amazon deals I ever bought) from its winter weather shroud, anointed it with WD-40 and shaved my lawn down from the jungle that had erupted last week.
I got one last year. Ditto, as per my review on Amazon.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #11734
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:

...3. I pulled out my Fiskars push reel mower (one of the best Amazon deals I ever bought) from its winter weather shroud, anointed it with WD-40 and shaved my lawn down from the jungle that had erupted last week....
That might work for the fenced-in area of our yard (approximately 25 x 50 ft.), but for the entire yard (approximately ¼ acre), even the best of push mowers would kill me. Gotta' have my lawn tractor.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #11735
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I may not have to pull out the mower at all this year at the rate we are going.

Today: 2C, 1-3cm of snow
Friday: 2C, woohoo! no snow
Saturday: 1C, 10cm of snow
Sunday: -1C, 1-3cm of snow
Monday:-3C, 1-3cm of snow
Tuesday: -3C, 1cm of snow
Wednesday: -5C, 1-3cm of snow
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #11736
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
It's about 55 degrees or so. Not Celsius. Nooo, not Celsius, that temperature would be intolerable. So... about 12C?
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #11737
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

It snowed all last night, and will continue all day. High today of 31 F and down to 13 F tonight.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lucy winter mr.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	104578  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #11738
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Huge line of thunderstorms moved through tonight - temps dropped 15 F in an hour - now a pleasant 68 F and drizzling. Heading towards a cool weekend!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #11739
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Snow! I didn't expect that!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #11740
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did some looking around for the warmest day of the year up to April 23rd in Regina over the past while. This is what I found...

All temperatures in Celcius.

2013 3.5 9-Jan
2012 26.5 23-Apr
2011 13.6 23-Apr
2010 22.3 18-Apr
2009 24.3 13-Apr
2008 28.6 14-Apr
2007 22.8 17-Apr
2006 23.6 22-Apr
2005 26.0 17-Apr
2004 21.4 4-Apr
2003 23.1 23-Apr
2002 20.2 22-Apr
2001 19.0 18-Apr

According to a news story, it's been the coldest spring in 113 years. Add in more snowfall than ever in my city and I say I welcome the new ice age.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #11741
poohbear_nc
Now what?

We're having a roller coaster weather week - warm, then rain, then cold, then rain, then warm, then rain, then cold ........

[all these fronts moving through make my head hurt!]
Old 05-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #11742
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

April showers bring May snow showers? Already 2 inches of new snow on the ground here. It could be as much as 10 inches by tonight with a projected low temperature of 29 F and 2 more inches of snow overnight.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #11743
poohbear_nc
Now what?

No sun all week. Just drizzle ... every day ... and night ...
Old 05-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #11744
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

^My condolences. As crappy as this place can be sometimes, sun is usually not a problem. This week, all sun, a few bits of cloud and temperatures around normal. This and fall are my favourite times of year for temperatures. 18C is a wonderful temperature.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #11745
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
The weather was too nice for me to come up with a reason not to mow the lawn.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty