Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #1
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Connect Store - Offline

Anyone else noticed the Connect Store is currently offline for a few hours?

new software updates maybe??
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
Kenal0
Kenal0 began at the beginning.

It is because I just got my portable reader 5 minutes before the store went offline and I never finished 1984 in 6th grade!!!
Now it is the only book I can read!! When is the store going to reopen. A few hours is not almost 4.

Kenal0
Kenal0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:13 PM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
We value your patronage and thank you for your patience while we update the store. The update will complete in a few short hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	connect.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1847  
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:33 PM   #4
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
Having read the constructive input of the members regarding the estore, maybe they are remodelling already
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:39 PM   #5
ChrisAllenFiz
Enthusiast
ChrisAllenFiz doesn't litterChrisAllenFiz doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenal0
It is because I just got my portable reader 5 minutes before the store went offline and I never finished 1984 in 6th grade!!!
Now it is the only book I can read!! When is the store going to reopen. A few hours is not almost 4.

Kenal0
1984 is a great book. Freakonomics extract is entertaining too
ChrisAllenFiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:12 PM   #6
Kenal0

I guess I will find out as the store is still down 4 1/2 hours later.
Kenal0
Old 10-16-2006, 08:17 PM   #7
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Vast site corrections/improvements? Wishlist?
Tomorrow is the date for new releases...
*crosses fingers*
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:23 PM   #8
Kenal0

I just want to buy a stinkin book already!!!!!
It had been almost 7 hours, not a few short short hours like the message says.
Kenal0
Old 10-16-2006, 09:08 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I never take the time estimates on things like that literally, myself. (I'm still waiting on a product that was billed as "coming soon" in January of 2001)

They must be doing something unusual, if it was just a relatively minor re-vamp, they'd have it ready to go on another server, and swap them out pretty quickly. How long it's taking, may actually be a good thing ... or someone could have stuck their foot in it.

They'll probably have it back up tomorrow, if not, there'll be plenty of time for me to get annoyed then.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:20 PM   #10
Mohit25
Mohit25 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
but why would they do a new release US daytime hours ??? and surely, they would not need to take the site down for enhancements - they could just swap to a new build on another server.
Mohit25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:28 PM   #11
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
As far as I'm concerned, they can have a week to fix it, as long as the end result is better than it has been. In the meantime, there's all of Cory Doctorow's stuff free online.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:19 AM   #12
Peregrine
Enthusiast
Peregrine began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Connect is still down now...
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:34 AM   #13
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It seems to be back up this morning. Patriots Club is still priced high (after its brief reduction a while back). I haven't checked for new content though.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:48 AM   #14
ChrisAllenFiz
Enthusiast
ChrisAllenFiz doesn't litterChrisAllenFiz doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
It seems to be back up this morning. Patriots Club is still priced high (after its brief reduction a while back). I haven't checked for new content though.
A quick check for new content revealed nothing. I think it was just down for technical reasons.
ChrisAllenFiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Perhaps they did some restructuring, the ebooks.connect.com/index.htm page is gone.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote