Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
Caundaugion
Caundaugion began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Turning off reader

I'm new to the ereader business. I would like to know if leaving the Kobo reader on when I'm not using it drains the battery.
Caundaugion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
It's a little early to tell for sure. I've only had mine a week, and only made a point of leaving it on for the past couple of days since giving it a full charge. It hasn't dropped any, so far. With no reading happening, it ought to last 'a long time', reading every day, it still ought to last 2 or 3 weeks, if the sleep mode is done right. I don't like turning it off because it always does the processing new input thing - which takes a while if you have an SD card in, as I do.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
Flikkie
Flikkie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
So far, so good...

I picked up my Kobo on last Tuesday (May 4) and have been reading ever since. After the required 3-hour plug in, I have only turned my Kobo off twice to demonstrate to friends and family.

Today is Friday (about 4:15) and I have finished approx 1000 page turns.

My battery indicator is still showing 7/8ths full.

As I said, so far so good...

F
Flikkie is offline   Reply With Quote